PDA

View Full Version : Latest Spookbox tune

deeaa
December 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Turned out pretty well. I especially like my guitar sounds on this one (the one that starts the song is mine). We kinda finished the composing of the song as we recorded it (I played guitars live along with the drums, the rest was added right after that. I came up with some lyrics as I sang it literally, so they might not make so good sense :-)

My amp is the Ceriatone, but all added guitars were recorded thru Amplitube 2 Live & stealthpedal.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/spookbox/joulu/itsnotwhatyputhink_beta1.mp3

guitarhack
December 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Sounds good, deeaa. The vocals were down in the mix for me to hear all the lyrics but all in all a great effort. The guitar and ceriatone sounds awesome.

Katastrophe
December 5th, 2010, 04:16 PM
RAWK! My favorite tune of yours so far, Dee! The guitar sounds nice and muscular, and you're really going for it on the vocals. There's melody and plenty of rock n' roll attitude there.

Great job!

deeaa
December 6th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys! It turned out much more Grunge than anticipated. It seems our tunes are sounding more and more diverse all the time, which is a bad thing considering public acceptance, but then again, we don't consider that much so maybe it's just a good thing! :-)

deeaa
December 6th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Here's another one from the same session, this one is a bit weird indeed IMO, even has a false ending:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/spookbox/joulu/murmeli_beta1.mp3

I'm again on the left, i.e. the main melody and rhythms on Ceria recorded with the drums and leads by the other guy and Amplitube.

NWBasser
December 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys! It turned out much more Grunge than anticipated. It seems our tunes are sounding more and more diverse all the time, which is a bad thing considering public acceptance, but then again, we don't consider that much so maybe it's just a good thing! :-)

Dee, I don't know about the Grunge characterization, that style doesn't get much lead guitar soloing and usually has a bit more a downward vibe going on than your tune.

I really liked the tune. Awesome job there! :applause

I'd only recommend bringing up the level of the lead guitar on that last lead break. It was maybe a little bit too down into the mix.

Very cool bass tone too! Nice 'n crunchy.