PDA

View Full Version : Sweepy Goodness

marnold
December 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Well, Metal Method came through and produced a DVD I've been begging for for some time. It's all about sweep picking from beginning to howtheheckdidhedothat. Just ordered it. Hopefully next December I too will be freaking awesome! :rockon:

Here's the promo video:
La7T5EtC1u4

Katastrophe
December 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Nice! Sweeping is one of those techniques that I've tried for years, and just never could pull off without sounding sloppy.

I like arpeggios because you can cover a lot of fretboard real estate, without being tied to traditional scale patterns. It's a good tool to have in the rawk tool bag.

It would be way cool if you could do a review of the vid once it comes in!

marnold
December 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM
It would be way cool if you could do a review of the vid once it comes in!
It will be done. I chose the slower (and cheaper) shipping so it might be a bit before it gets here.

Jimi75
December 6th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Sweeping is one of the techniques people associate with shredding, but in fact, poeple like Knopfler, Santana and several more make heavy use of it in a melodic way. I cross my fingers for you and hope you will perfect your sweeping technique. :thumbsup

guitarify
December 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, let us know if it's any good.
I just started trying to learn this technique. How could something that looks so easy and effortless be so hard.
He's got one of those Parkers. I recently became obsessed with the idea of owning one of these and I don't know why. One minute they seem really cool and the next, really ugly.

marnold
December 17th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Rather than repost my initial thoughts, I'll just link to what I posted on the Metal Method forums (http://www.bb-metalmethod.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12110#p73311). I've also re-fired up my blog (http://myolde.blogspot.com/search/label/R2FA) to track my progress. I posted my first clip today. Be gentle.

Katastrophe
December 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
You're doing great! I dig the tones on the Jet City...

Come to think about it, you sound better than I did when I first started doing sweeps... It sounded like "thunk, thunk, thunk, screeeeeeeeeee!"