PDA

View Full Version : Am I the ONLY one.....

Perfect Stranger
December 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
that finds it just weird as hell that the US CIA is advertising "Help Wanted" ads
on TV for spies? I realize it says "field agents"....but isn't that typically a spy?
Maybe I'm wrong, but still....still kinda weird.

:thwap

Katastrophe
December 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
They gotta recruit somehow!

Ch0jin
December 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Nope not that weird. ASIO, our local intelligence agency advertises publicly from time to time too. I get what you mean though.

piebaldpython
December 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah, it's weird..........but how do you think they get people to work for them? All agencies have to recruit for entry level jobs....and they post them on www.usajobs.com. I think that's right.

Heywood Jablomie
December 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I remember years ago driving on the George Washington Memorial Parkway in northern Virginia, and seeing the exit sign for CIA headquarters in Langley. It seemed weird at the time, but not after I thought about it a bit.

FrankenFretter
December 5th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I remember years ago driving on the George Washington Memorial Parkway in northern Virginia, and seeing the exit sign for CIA headquarters in Langley. It seemed weird at the time, but not after I thought about it a bit.

I drove by the NSA exit when I was on the East coast, driving down the beltway toward DC. I thought that was weird. They used to deny that it even existed (remember "NSA = No Such Agency"?). Our covert agencies aren't very covert anymore.

I haven't seen the CIA ads, since I don't have TV. I don't think I want to do a YouTube search from my computer either.

Tig
December 5th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Weird to me since they tend to recruit from military intelligence for analysts, the FBI for the standard field positions, and special forces for black op's type of "action" positions (very rare).

I remember taking a vendor class for Concurrent Computers at Goddard Spaceflight Center with a few techs from the CIA. I don't think they spoke more than a dozen sentences that week! I've had most interesting conversations with my dogs.

Brian Krashpad
December 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I drove by the NSA exit when I was on the East coast, driving down the beltway toward DC.

My dad was a naval officer assigned to two tours with the NSA, when I was in first grade, and again in junior high school. The first time we lived on the base, or I should say post, Fort George G. Meade. Funny that such a totally inept commander should have anything named after him.