PDA

View Full Version : RFE: Tapatalk Support

marnold
December 6th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Robert,

Any chance of adding Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php) support to The Fret? It's a forum reader for the iPhone, Android, Crackberry, etc. I just added it to my phone and it's pretty handy for the forums that support it. From what I've heard, it's pretty easy to add to the forum and free. There's only a charge for the phone app.

Robert
December 6th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hmm, we will need to upgrade this forum before that will work.

If we get some more contributions from our members, I think we could do this.

marnold
December 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Don't know how much it would cost, but I just contributed again. It's not a ton of money or anything, but it's something :)

Robert
December 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks a ton, Marnold! The support is muchly appreciated. Will look into what it takes to do this upgrade.

deeaa
December 8th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Thanks to this thread it occurred to me too to throw a few bucks that way, well worth it to support a great site even a little!

Robert
December 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks a lot!
The contributions have been very low this year.

player
December 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks a lot!
The contributions have been very low this year.This economy among a few other things is holding most of us hostage.soon as possible something will be put in the kitty.

bcdon
December 22nd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm, we will need to upgrade this forum before that will work.

If we get some more contributions from our members, I think we could do this.
Robert, how do you contribute? I've never noticed any contribute button. BTW, how much does it cost for the upgrade to the forum software?

EDIT: After scanning the webpage, I just noticed the donate button. Man, you need to move it somewhere near the logo so old-farts like me will take notice.

I'm still curious as to how much the upgrade will be, maybe I can cover it or a portion of it. Could I send you a cheque in Canuck bucks?

Robert
December 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
There is a contribute button at the top left - is it hard to see?

If we can get $300 in, I can upgrade the forum to version 4 in January. We've got $35 in so far.

Yes, you can send cheque. See this page for details on how to contribute. (http://www.thefret.net/announcement.php?f=22)

marnold
January 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Sooooo, how's progress on the upgrade? :poke :D

Robert
January 23rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Soon, soon... I'm hoping to find time this upcoming week. I'll keep you guys posted.

progrmr
January 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I just bought tapatalk for iPhone and it's great. Contribution enroute.