PDA

View Full Version : other teles

kuvash
December 6th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hi,has anyone had any experience with the Spalted Maple Tele with Humbuckers and a coil tap?

kuvash

MAXIFUNK
December 7th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Hi,has anyone had any experience with the Spalted Maple Tele with Humbuckers and a coil tap?kuvash

I have the maple top version of that Tele.
If you like supper flat necks Guitars then this the axe for you the pickups are very good over all it is a great AXE all things considered!

BUT, since I am not a fan of supper flat necks I'll be selling mine shortly.

Katastrophe
December 7th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Maxifunk... about all I got right now is a spare kidney... Sound like a fair trade to you? Kidney for a Fender?

I'm kidding. I wouldn't really trade a kidney for a Fender. Unless is was something like a nocaster or something, then I'd consider it!

Brian Krashpad
December 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
One of my bandmates at church has one. Sfaik he's been happy with it. I've played it once or twice briefly, and it seemed like a quite decent guitar.

MAXIFUNK
December 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Maxifunk... about all I got right now is a spare kidney... Sound like a fair trade to you? Kidney for a Fender?

I'm kidding. I wouldn't really trade a kidney for a Fender. Unless is was something like a nocaster or something, then I'd consider it!

How could i sleep at night with that trade. LOL

marnold
December 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Wow, I like the looks and specs of that a lot. Holy cow. Really nice guitar.

Duffy
December 8th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Below is a link to this great Fender Telecaster:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Custom-Telecaster-Spalted-Maple-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/8/1/503481.jpgThis is an awesome telecaster. I have the black cherry burst version of this and it is one of my best guitars. This guitar sounds and plays better than the new Blacktop HH tele in my opinion. It has real Seymour Duncan premium humbuckers and sounds really great. The coil split sounds great too. The tone control is very effectivie as is the volume control. This is a powerful, musical, great feeling and playing instrument. Additionally, it is solid mahogany with a mahogany body and set mahogany neck. You will not find many mahogany telecasters. The tone is really impressive. I will never get rid of mine and I play it a lot.

Eric
December 8th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I have the maple top version of that Tele.
If you like supper flat necks Guitars then this the axe for you the pickups are very good over all it is a great AXE all things considered!

BUT, since I am not a fan of supper flat necks I'll be selling mine shortly.
Hey Maxi, how much are you selling that guitar for? It's the FMT HH with the Pearly Gates and '59, right?

Duffy
December 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
That is a great guitar Eric, if you can get it for a good price.

Some people evidently just don't bond with it, but it's a great telecaster.

I really like mine. It has great tone and doesn't sound just like your Agile or a Les Paul. It sort of sounds like a tele but when set to full humbucking it sounds very full, dynamic, and musical.

Mine sits right behind my new black Epi LP Custom and gets a lot of play.

If you have played one you know what I mean. If you haven't played one I'm confident that you would find it very satisfying and versitile. It is also a very comfortable guitar.

Hope this helps you out and good luck trying to work a deal with Maxi.

Eric
December 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
That is a great guitar Eric, if you can get it for a good price.

Some people evidently just don't bond with it, but it's a great telecaster.

I really like mine. It has great tone and doesn't sound just like your Agile or a Les Paul. It sort of sounds like a tele but when set to full humbucking it sounds very full, dynamic, and musical.

Mine sits right behind my new black Epi LP Custom and gets a lot of play.

If you have played one you know what I mean. If you haven't played one I'm confident that you would find it very satisfying and versitile. It is also a very comfortable guitar.

Hope this helps you out and good luck trying to work a deal with Maxi.
Yeah, I've thought it looked cool since you first mentioned it some time back. I'm just testing the waters.

MAXIFUNK
December 8th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hey Maxi, how much are you selling that guitar for? It's the FMT HH with the Pearly Gates and '59, right?

Yes it is the Amber top model.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/4858/Fender-Special-Edition-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-HH-Amber-/

Next week will make it 2 years old it is spotless not a mark to be had anywhere on this guitar beyond mint condition. I payed $600.00 brand new they are now $669.00. I am not sure what a fair market price is for the guitar that is one the main reason I have not sold it as of yet.

Eric
December 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Yes it is the Amber top model.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/4858/Fender-Special-Edition-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-HH-Amber-/

Next week will make it 2 years old it is spotless not a mark to be had anywhere on this guitar beyond mint condition. I payed $600.00 brand new they are now $669.00. I am not sure what a fair market price is for the guitar that is one the main reason I have not sold it as of yet.
Gotcha. Well, keep me in the loop if you figure it out. I'm not going away any time soon, nor am I in dire need of another guitar, so no rush. BUT...I might be interested nonetheless if you come to a conclusion on it.

MAXIFUNK
December 8th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Gotcha. Well, keep me in the loop if you figure it out. I'm not going away any time soon, nor am I in dire need of another guitar, so no rush. BUT...I might be interested nonetheless if you come to a conclusion on it.

You got it and it should not take to long for me to do so.

Duffy
December 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
A lot of music stores have the blue book or whatever it is that estimates the value of used guitars.

This might help. A music store probably wouldn't give you much for it on trade or straight up. They are selling an almost new Fender American Standard Strat for half price at a place near me and will probably deal lower on it.

You can get some great guitars used at some very good prices, unless they are Gibsons or collector's items.

kuvash
December 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
So,you two that have this model.....what ga. strings do you like to use on it,if I may be so bold?
kuvash

kuvash
December 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
.....and Brian,what about your bandmate at church?Do you know what ga. strings?

kuvash

MAXIFUNK
December 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
So,you two that have this model.....what ga. strings do you like to use on it,if I may be so bold? kuvash

I use these D'addario EXP Coated Nickel Round Wound 10's http://store.daddario.com/category/339129/EXP110_Regular_Light_10-46

Kazz
December 9th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Seeing that Spalted Maple Tele was what got me interested in building my own guitar.....you cannot buy that guitar with rear mounted controls AND standard Tele pup configuration...it only comes as a dual humbucker....and well I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio to cover my dual bucker needs as well as a Les Paul copy. I have 2 very nice slabs of Spalted Maple in the shed and some Black Cherry for the back. We are moving to a new home on January 1 and I will have a garage again....once we get all settled.....it will be guitar building time. Probably will only get the body cut, shaped and sanded before Spring as I still have to buy a compressor to be able to do the finish and should wait for warmer temps before spraying Nitro Lacquer. I do have a couple of Propane garage heaters that I could warm up the ole garage if I get inspired to finish before the thaw :-)

Brian Krashpad
February 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM

kuvash
I'll facebook him and see if he knows. He might not, he's more a "singer who plays guitar" than a "guitarist who sings" if you take my meaning.

;)

Brian Krashpad
February 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM

kuvash

I heard back, he uses Ernie Ball .11's, but has not really tried anything else.

kuvash
December 4th, 2018, 10:29 PM
So did this build happen?I liked the materials.