PDA

View Full Version : here are the first 2 songs from my bands demo

Carlström
October 27th, 2006, 12:40 AM
So here are the first 2 songs, out of 7, from my band drillingholes demo. guess the music would be described as acoustic powerpop or something like that. I play bass and do backing vocals.

Drillingholes - Maybe (http://www.tomas-carlstrom.se/drillingholes/drillingholes-maybe.mp3)

Drillingholes - Good Morning Music (http://www.tomas-carlstrom.se/drillingholes/drillingholes-good_morning_music.mp3)

It's only a demo so we got something to show our music with we havn't gone in for perfection really so there are stuff here and there but overall i think it's ok.

Jimi75
October 27th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Hey this is nice music that makes me feel good!
Keep up the good work!
Very good vocals by the way.

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Very nice Carlström! Genuine Jönköpingspop that reminds me of the good old days when we played with a lot of indie pop bands at eldslandet. I dont think that old factory still has concerts?

Carlström
October 27th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Thank you guys :)

Eldslandet doesn't exist anymore, it's apartments built on the site where it used to be. I live just a block away from where it Eldslandet was.

Riley
October 27th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Great stuff Tomas!!! Very catchy feel good radio friendly music! Perfect combo! :)

tot_Ou_tard
October 27th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Yes, very catchy stuff. Are you sending these demos to record companies or is are you trying to get gigs?

jpfeifer
October 27th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I really like your demo songs. These are great! The vocals are very good, nice lead vocals and harmonies. The song writing is also very good with catchy chord changes, nice melodies, etc. Whatever you're doing, keep it up this is all the right stuff. You should shop your demo's around to some people that can get you more exposure. If you haven't already, create a homepage on MySpace or something.

Good luck.

-- Jim

M29
October 27th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Great free feeling fresh sound and nice vocals very nice indeed!
All the best

M29

Carlström
October 27th, 2006, 06:46 AM
we're gonna use them to get gigs and send to record companies. I do think it's realistic to think we will land a deal, the question is if it's a good one and if we will "make it" later on.

We got a myspace site up... www.myspace.com/drillingholes ....and will send out the demos to people we know all over the place, sell at gigs and also sell in the local cd stores.

so far only these two done, we got 5 more to finish for this round and a couple more already written.

Carlström
October 27th, 2006, 06:47 AM
oh and thank you all for you kind comments :)

if there is something you think we should work in do tell, constructive critisism is always good.

kerc
October 27th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Suggestions? Send me a free CD when you record you album. :D

Spudman
October 27th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Very nice. Another vote from me for letting Sweden rule the world.:)

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Carlström.. your vocalists last name looks real familiar. Does he come from bankeryd and have a brother named Rikard?

Carlström
October 28th, 2006, 02:02 AM
well i do know he has a older brother and i think he's lived in bankeryd so it's probably him, but i'm not sure.

Carlström
October 29th, 2006, 12:13 PM
checked with him during todays rehearsal....yup that's him.

and of course he wonders who the hell are you? ;)

SuperSwede
October 30th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Haha.. well tell him that I know his a brother. I just took notice on his last name which is quite uncommon. I havent seen or talked to rikard in several years though. I dont think that I´ve met his brother.

The secret code for this could be : A T A R I