PDA

View Full Version : CV Thinline Tele Bridge pickup issues any ideas?

MAXIFUNK
December 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Fellow Fret Netters,

Today while playing my CV Thinline Tele at lunch I noticed that the bridge pickup volume output was at 90-95% less than the neck pickup and the tone was extremely thin.

So does anyone have any ideas for what might be the culprit.
The selector switch, volume pot, a bad cap somewhere.......

Any input would be welcome I am taking it to the place where I bought since it is less than 6 months old and still under warranty. I was just wanted to get some insight to what might be wrong so I have clue while I talk to the tech tonight.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Heywood Jablomie
December 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
The vast majority of electrical problems are the result of some kind of high resistance, which could be a bad wiring connection, bad contacts in a switch or jack, etc., etc. Since you're getting normal output from the neck pickup, the jack on out are probably not suspect, nor would I suspect the volume pot for the same reason. I would jiggle the wires and switch to try to isolate the problem. I'm inclined to suspect the switch.

Spudman
December 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
My Classic Vibe had a pickup go bad and it did sort of the same thing until it finally quit all together. Sweetwater gave me a new pickup under warranty. But where your pickups doesn't have a cover I wouldn't say that that's definitely it, but it could be.

Commodore 64
December 8th, 2010, 07:29 PM
have you raised the PUP as much as you can without causing string resonation issues?

MAXIFUNK
December 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
It turns out it is the the switch, I am waiting to hear how Fender wants to handle this since the place I bought it from is not an authorized Fender repair shop. so I'll see what happens.

MAXIFUNK
January 18th, 2011, 03:54 PM
The bridge pickup was bad after all.
The guitar tech is waiting for a replacement pup from fender.

Spudman
January 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I figured it was the pickup. What do I win?

It's good that you got it figured out. Now when you get it back I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

MAXIFUNK
March 9th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I figured it was the pickup. What do I win?

It's good that you got it figured out. Now when you get it back I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

SOUNDS great now time to mod it lol