PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Dot USA???

Jx2
December 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I asked the friend last night if he knew anyone that might have a 4-string bass to trade for my Dot Studio. He asked me if it was a USA Dot Studio or a copy there of. I scratched my head for a second and said its the same studio that you can buy nib for $399.99 at MF. He said, he has a faded studio made in the USA. I let it go, cos I was thinking all Epiphone models at least the ones made today was made over sea's then set up in the USA. I think he might be confused by the set up in the USA sticker on the back of the head stock. So you guys tell me.

If Im right before anyone thinks its not hard to figure out whats what with the internet and blah blah blah. Ive known this guy for a long time, and he doesnt have the money for a computer let alone the internet. So he's left like most of us back in the day. 90% of information being retained word of mouth. He could go to the library and search for information there but I know him and he'd rather stay at home and play than worry if his information is 100% accurate or not.

Heywood Jablomie
December 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Made in USA? I say, NFW. They're MIC. OK?

hubberjub
December 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Your friend is incorrect.

progrmr
December 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM
A USA DOT is also known as the Gibson ES-335 :)

Jx2
December 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
thats what I thought and its not as if Im going to try and talk him out of his I have one myself already. I just wanted to double check myself in case it got to the point where all I heard about this USA Dot. Untill that point I'll keep my mouth shut cos to me something like this isnt worth stirrin the hornets nest.

Brian Krashpad
December 11th, 2010, 07:48 AM
thats what I thought and its not as if Im going to try and talk him out of his I have one myself already. I just wanted to double check myself in case it got to the point where all I heard about this USA Dot. Untill that point I'll keep my mouth shut cos to me something like this isnt worth stirrin the hornets nest.

I think you're right about his mistake. You're also right not to make a big deal out of it. Good call.