PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm off to take a test....

Katastrophe
December 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
...that I haven't been able to study for. Crap, crappity, crap!

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Uh...good luck?! I took a test like that once.

Katastrophe
December 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I think only divine intervention will save me on this one.:thwap

FrankenFretter
December 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
If it's a UA, that one is pretty hard to study for. Good luck!

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
If it's a UA, that one is pretty hard to study for. Good luck!
UA?

FrankenFretter
December 9th, 2010, 02:39 PM
UA?

A pee test. Urinalysis, or UA for short.

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM
A pee test. Urinalysis, or UA for short.
Ah. I get it.

Is there an emoticon for wow-that-went-over-my-head?

Spudman
December 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Ah. I get it.

Is there an emoticon for wow-that-went-over-my-head?
:thwap

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
:thwap
Close enough.
:thwap:thwap:thwap:thwap:thwap:thwap:thwap

FrankenFretter
December 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
As we ponder this, poor Kat is peeing in a cup while he tries to read the cheat sheet he taped to the inside of his thigh. Via con Dios, amigo!

Katastrophe
December 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
LOL! I always pass the UA, with my own urine.

No, this test was for Anatomy & Physiology I at school. I missed a lab practical on Tuesday, and was advised that I could take that as well before class started.

I got a 95 on the lab practical, and a 72 on the test. The test wasn't up to standard, but I passed and apparently did well compared to a good number of other students.

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 06:25 PM
LOL! I always pass the UA, with my own urine.

No, this test was for Anatomy & Physiology I at school. I missed a lab practical on Tuesday, and was advised that I could take that as well before class started.

I got a 95 on the lab practical, and a 72 on the test. The test wasn't up to standard, but I passed and apparently did well compared to a good number of other students.
Well, that's a heck of a lot better than the ending of my story. That test I where didn't study/know the material? I got a 32.

It was hard to recover from that -- I had to re-take the class.

So I guess the moral of the story is....good job!

Katastrophe
December 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks, man! Sucks that you had to retake the class.

I'll most likely end up with a solid "B" in this course. Trouble is, with only 24 available spots per semester in my degree program, I have to make an "A" just to qualify to apply for admission. That's pretty freaking intense for a 2 year community college.

If I don't do well on A&P II, I'll have to retake one of them again, and wait another semester to get in. We'll see how it all turns out.

Brian Krashpad
December 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Continued prayers and mojo for your studies.

Man, I do not miss school one fecking bit. Of course, with teenagers at Casa Krashpad, it's like I'm back at school all over again.

Katastrophe
December 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Brian! Going to school at 38 is way different than when I was 18, that's for sure!

Finals are next week. One class (Interpersonal Communication) isn't having one, and I did enough extra credit in Psychology to forego taking the final. It's cool to have over 100% in a course before the final!

That leaves Anatomy and Music Appreciation, next Thursday. Music Appreciation shouldn't be too hard, as it's all about knowing the styles of the composers, and being able to tell Mozart from Beethoven from Brahms. The main one to study is Anatomy. Everything from the whole semester is fair game.

Then it's time for a little break before Spring semester starts.