PDA

View Full Version : The Gracious Few - excellent new "superstar" band

Jimi75
December 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
The musicians of the band "Live" have formed a new group with singer Sean Hennesy of Candlebox.

Both bands have sold millions of albums.

If you like great grooving classic rock music, you should check out the first official video. It rocks.

V2-e9BZZtTM

Katastrophe
December 11th, 2010, 10:07 AM
This is what rock music is supposed to be, IMO. Tons of groove, solid lead playing and rhythm work, with all kinds of attitude. It ain't delicate, it ain't fancy, just good music.

Methinks this band sounds better than either of the other two that the band members came from.

I can't remember Live ever doing anything so rocked out, and Candlebox didn't have the swagger that this group has, although I really liked the lead tone of the guitar player in that group. I like this tune a lot!

Eric
December 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hmm. Pretty cool, though I was never a huge fan of Candlebox. I had some questions about the members/bands, so I did some googling and found out the following from Wikipedia:

Apparently this project includes both the singer (Kevin Martin) and guitarist (that Hennesy guy) from Candlebox, since Chad Taylor from Live no longer wants to do guitar solos.
Live was on a 2-year hiatus, but now I guess are officially dead because of lead-singer drama. Ed Kowalczyk was being a diva, demanding appearance fees, and secretly giving himself publishing rights to Live's songs.

Pretty interesting stuff. I feel like this sounds more like later Live material than anything else, though I didn't follow them too closely after Throwing Copper. I'll be interested to see where it goes and what the rest of their stuff sounds like.

helliott
December 12th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Great video. These guys rock in a very serious way. Like it a whole bunch and plan to look for more. Thanks for posting this.

guitarhack
December 12th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah thanks for posting! Great straight ahead rock and roll.