PDA

View Full Version : Had a clothing store gig last night...

Robert
October 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Our duo project, Fundamental Things (http://www.fundamentalthings.ca/) had a little gig again. This time in a clothing/shoe store! It was fun. I played my SX acoustic for the first time through a PA. It sounded great. Next thing I'll do is to add the JamMan looping pedal to our duo, once it gets here. I think I'll have a lot of use for that pedal in this duo. Here's a pic from last night:

http://www.fundamentalthings.ca/photos/myra-robert-cobblers-2006.jpg

Spudman
October 27th, 2006, 12:03 PM
That's cool doing smokeless gigs. Hats off to ya mate.

But dude...go with solid shirts.:)

Robert
October 27th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Solid shirts - *note to self* - GOT IT!

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Did you have a large audience Robert? Looks like a fun gig!

Cranium
October 27th, 2006, 12:36 PM
What did you play? Also have you ever considered growing a little more hair? :D

Spudman
October 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
What did you play? Also have you ever considered growing a little more hair? :D

Uh oh. Careful there cranium. To a few of us here that isn't an option and we're (um, I'm) a tad sensitive about it.:D

I'm sure that Robert would have no problem though.:DR

Cranium
October 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Forget the hair part, what did ya play there?

Plank_Spanker
October 28th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Looks like a fun gig, Robert. How long did you play for?

Justaguyin_nc
October 28th, 2006, 03:19 PM
probably a personal question.. not about the hair or clothes though..;) How much does something like that pay Robert? curious..

Tone2TheBone
October 28th, 2006, 08:28 PM
What I want to know is how that new acoustic sounded like.

Robert
October 29th, 2006, 08:07 AM
The acoustic has an anti-feedback feature, and I had to use it because the guitar was starting to feedback now and then. It sounds really good on the normal setting, but even with the anti-feedback thing on, it sounds more than decent. I'm a happy camper.

People came shopping, stopped and listened for a bit and went, so no big crowd really, but it was fun. A prospective drummer and bass player came and stayed the whole time. We are hoping to start a band with them.

We played some John Hiatt, blues, country and stuff like that. The gig went from 7-9:30, with a fairly long wine and cheese break halfway through.