PDA

View Full Version : Nbd

Jx2
December 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
My x-mas present arrived today. UPS guy is still afraid of our dog, lays the package down, knocks on the door and literaly ran back to his truck.

Anyways, its a Dean Hillsboro Single.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/ja_miller77/Instruments/MyDean.jpg

Was very tempted by some of the Squier Jazz models in the same price range, but I just kept going back to this Dean. If I want to nick pick, I could point out to a few minor issues. But for $300 NIB, expecting a perfect instrument I think is a little naive, especially not being able to play before I buy. Tone, overall feel, functions no issue's at all, really enjoy it to be honest. Think I might be selling my 5 string to try and save up the money for a Jazz model.

progrmr
December 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cool! what's the neck profile like? Closer to a P or a Jazz?

Jx2
December 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Honestly I cant say, Ive not played a j or p in a decade. Im planning on tryin to trade my 5 string for a 4 string j model though. Biggest thing for me right now with the Dean is just getting use to it. I always used the 5th string to rest my thumb on. Now I find myself doing the same on the 4th string. If I cant get adjusted to resting that far back on the pick up. Im going to look into investing in a thumb rest but then Im afraid it might get in the way of slapping. Hmmmm...lol.

NWBasser
December 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Congrats on the new bass!

I saw those new Deans recently at the local GC.

It looks like a very interesting and cool new bass.

Give us a tone report after you've spent some time with her.

Hopefully Tig will show up soon with one of his HNBD pics!