PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone from ?

ted s
October 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM
If anyone is interested, maybe a Fretters map would be slick.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=2881685

Please feel free to add yourselves.

Spudman
October 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Cool! Good idea. I'm done. Next.

Tim
October 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Hey! I'm in there too.

t_ross33
October 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Count me in too :R Cool map!

ted s
October 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hey, when you guys look at it, are peoples names coming up or just locations and shououts ?

edit... weird, before your names didn't show up, now they do. I think you're all messing with me !

warren0728
October 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
ok....i'm in...seems to me that when i look at names outside the us i don't see the names

ww

ted s
October 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM
test.........................

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Okey-dokes, I'm there....

warren0728
October 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM
hmmmm....some people i see their names....some i don't....maybe they put their name in the wrong place or something....

ww

warren0728
October 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM
man are we some party animals or what....friday night and we're all adding our name to an online map!! :DR :D :eek:

ww

Cranium
October 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Im there, although I have only been living in NY for about 6-7 years :) .

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I´m in.. I can only see Warren, Ted & Spudmans names.. The other names is only locations.

Hogfullofblues
October 28th, 2006, 06:18 AM
I'm there too. pretty neat!

Plank_Spanker
October 28th, 2006, 06:52 AM
I'm in......................

Justaguyin_nc
October 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
NC has Checked in....

sunvalleylaw
October 29th, 2006, 11:08 PM

All right, I'm in. Thanks, fun idea!

Rabies
October 30th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I'm in...Message must be 20 characters, so now I babble. :D

Tim
October 30th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I see a lot of places on the map. Even those across the pond. It seems that some put their city in place of their name and so we do not know who they are.

marnold
October 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I added mine as well. Make sure that you add your username to the map so we know who is saying hi.

Tim
October 30th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I recommend this post become a sticky so it does not get lost in the history archives.

It is good so see where all the Fretters live. I can now visulize where everybody is located. We do represent many countries.

Carlström
October 30th, 2006, 11:19 AM
i've snuggled up tight and cozy with SuperSwede on that map......you get two peeps living in sweden on here and they turn out to live almost on top of each other.

SuperSwede
October 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Very cozy indeed..

I agree with Tim, make this a sticky.

Robert
October 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I am in there too and the thread is stickied. I am from 2 places kinda, see if you can find me on there!

warren0728
October 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM
tim and I are pretty cozy too....our pins are alsmost on top of each other

ww

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Glad you guys like it. Regarding some names not showing up.. Frapper team says..

Hi Ted,

Thanks for writing in with your concern. There are two types of pins on
maps these days, the ones people add themselves with complete
information like name, shoutout, photo and location, and the ones that
get added when someone just visits your page. We grab the location
information but if they don't add the rest, there is no name, photo or
shoutout. So you will always have some pins without names because of
people like me who just looked at your map and went away.
Makes sense now, if check it from work it shows me in Pheoniz Az. ?? not even close but my network is from there.

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Robert, it shows you twice in Sweden, no Alberta.

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Glad you guys like it. Regarding some names not showing up.. Frapper team says..

Hi Ted,

Thanks for writing in with your concern. There are two types of pins on
maps these days, the ones people add themselves with complete
information like name, shoutout, photo and location, and the ones that
get added when someone just visits your page. We grab the location
information but if they don't add the rest, there is no name, photo or
shoutout. So you will always have some pins without names because of
people like me who just looked at your map and went away.
Makes sense now, if check it from work it shows me in Pheoniz Az. ?? not even close but my network is from there.

I tried to upload a photo but was unsuccessful. I could not see a way of editing my existing tag. Do you know if there is a way? It IS pretty darn fun to see all the fretters on the map. Pretty cool to see not one but TWO in lowly Idaho. :D

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Hey Steve, when you go to the link, does your pin not show up first on the map ? then edit pin.. should be a browse for a photo upload. At least it appeared like that for me. Give it a whirl.

Robert
October 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I think I fixed my 2 guys... please check.

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I see Robert in both, the Sweden Robert is blue instead of orange, I quess he is colder.

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hey Steve, when you go to the link, does your pin not show up first on the map ? then edit pin.. should be a browse for a photo upload. At least it appeared like that for me. Give it a whirl.

My name appears in the list, and I go to the pin if I click on my name. I a new pin showed up on the screen and I filled it out with some info, a shout out and browsed and selected a pic to up load. It says upload is in progress. We'll see how that goes. Last time it stalled out or something.

Tim
October 30th, 2006, 03:16 PM
tim and I are pretty cozy too....our pins are alsmost on top of each other

ww

Hey Warren! Watch what you say. We are not as close as you indicate. You better look to see who you are really getting cozy with. You must have me condfused with the other "oldguy" LOL!!!

warren0728
October 30th, 2006, 04:25 PM
hey you're right....looks like "oldguy" is closer to me than you are....maybe we should all three get together sometime!

ww

Cranium
October 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'm curious where some of you are from originally (for those who moved, like Robert), anyone want to share?

warren0728
October 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
i am a florida native....grew up in a small town called high springs which is about 20 miles north east of gainesville, fl (known for the university of florida and is where tom petty grew up) now live in winter springs, fl which is very close to orlando, fl.

ww

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I'm curious where some of you are from originally (for those who moved, like Robert), anyone want to share?

Tacoma, WA native. Former home of Steve Miller, Hendrix at some point, probably some others I can't think of right now.

jpfeifer
October 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Just added myself to this too.

-- Jim

t_ross33
October 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Born in exotic Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada (New York is big, but this is Biggar), raised on a farm in a great little community called Spinney Hill (points for anyone who can identify what a "spinney" is :D). Attended one year of college in Vermillion, Alberta then transfered to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary for my second year. Moved to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and lived/worked there for 9 years. Moved back to Saskatchewan and have been here for 9 years as well.

Not as sexy as transplanted Swedes, but Canada is a big country :D

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Nothing exciting from me, I live where I was born..:rolleyes:

I gotta get out more.

Guitar-Chris
November 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
hmmmm....some people i see their names....some i don't....maybe they put their name in the wrong place or something....

So added me. The same problem (?) Some locations with names, others only with location names.

ted s
November 8th, 2006, 01:41 PM
apparently a visit will log the IP location if names are not entered.

zeusse
November 19th, 2006, 05:51 AM
I threw mine in there, I'm in Belleville Ontario been here since 1996 but originally from Toronto Ontario and no interest in going back....I ain't got a million bucks to buy another house there

mad4teles
December 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
i'm in there now too !!

Spudman
December 11th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Born in exotic Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada (New York is big, but this is Biggar), raised on a farm in a great little community called Spinney Hill (points for anyone who can identify what a "spinney" is :D). Attended one year of college in Vermillion, Alberta then transfered to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary for my second year. Moved to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and lived/worked there for 9 years. Moved back to Saskatchewan and have been here for 9 years as well.

Not as sexy as transplanted Swedes, but Canada is a big country :D

I have such fond memories from Saskatchewan of softball sized hail and grasshopper guts coating my motorcyle engine. Ah, the aroma of cooked bugs.

Spinney Hill after Captain Spinney of course.

t_ross33
December 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Spinney

Pronunciation: 'spi-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural spinneys
Etymology: Anglo-French espinei thorny thicket, ultimately from Latin spinetum, from spina thorn
chiefly British : a small wood with undergrowth

I grew up on the rolling plains near the North Saskatchewan River. Bluffs of trees on the hillsides reminded one of my forfathers of "spinneys" back in jolly ol' England (where there is also a Spinney Hill in Leicester).

There. I knew you were just DYING to know that. ;)

Spudman
December 22nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
But I was under the impression that the town actually got it's name from captain Spinney.

t_ross33
December 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
But I was under the impression that the town actually got it's name from captain Spinney.

Can't say that I'm familiar with the Good Captain :) Haven't heard that one, and there is no "town" as such - never was. There was a post-office/general store at a crossroads (very Robert Johnson-ish :D) but it has been gone for 20 years or more. The train depot was just a siding where they would pick up and drop off and it was about 4 miles from the store. It's a tight little farming community with your nearest neighbors sometimes 4 or 5 miles away. The little one-room school house a la Laura Ingalls Wilder was in use 1905-1963 (my Grandma was in the first grade 1 class) and is now used as a community center/hall. I can remember lots and lots of parties and dances and late night jam sessions that went until the sun came up (or the bar went dry)! Everyone seemed to play something. Very Appalachian, fiddles, banjos, guitars, harmonicas... spoons!! (I got my start in the rhythm section - then moved to bass).

Ahhh... good times. Good times.

Spud, give me a shout if you're ever brave enough to attempt another trek up my way!

Trev

grungeiceman
February 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I guess I'm the only person from north dakota in here...

pie_man_25
April 11th, 2007, 05:33 PM
yeah, I'm from, southern Ontario.

Spudman
April 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I guess I'm the only person from north dakota in here...

I kinda am too. My grandparents are from Devils Lake. So if not for them I wouldn't be here. So in the grand scheme of things...I'm there with ya man. ;)

ted s
April 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
yeah, I'm from, southern Ontario.

Me too Pie, where abouts ?

Sblack
April 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I am from Burlington County, NJ.

pie_man_25
April 12th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Me too Pie, where abouts ?
Essex county, I just don't like sying the city I live in over the net.

kerc
April 13th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I'm the dweeb in the middle of the Caribbean...But I might be moving to Florida this summer, most probably Jacksonville.

:D

Brian Krashpad
May 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM
I'm the dweeb in the middle of the Caribbean...But I might be moving to Florida this summer, most probably Jacksonville.

Speaking of Floriduh, I'm from Gainesville, home of the Fightin' Gators! [For you Euro's, that is the name of the University of Florida's athletic teams, who are currently doing very well-- two consecutive national college championships in basketball, with a national championship in (American) football in between. "'Gator" is southern slang for "alligator," which we have plenty of here.]

I almost met Kerc in Puerto Rico awhile back, but the cell phone gods did not cooperate. :(

Big_Rob
May 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM
Ft. Lauderdale :D

Big_Rob
May 1st, 2007, 08:01 AM

LoL, What was that Metallica song? Jump in the Fire?

I wouldnt move directly into Jacksonville, but the surrounding rural areas are super nice.

sunvalleylaw
May 1st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, the map seemed to kick a few of us out. Us Idahoans seem absent today. Are there any Californians out there? I can't remember, and the map does not show any.

mikew
May 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM
OK. I'm there now......I think! ;-)

ted s
May 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Hey, the map seemed to kick a few of us out. Us Idahoans seem absent today. Are there any Californians out there? I can't remember, and the map does not show any.

I just checked that, yup your right, there used to be many more, don't know what the deal is though. Maybe frapper got frapped ?

warren0728
May 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
yep...i just had to re-add myself

ww

Brian Krashpad
May 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
LoL, What was that Metallica song? Jump in the Fire?

I wouldnt move directly into Jacksonville, but the surrounding rural areas are super nice.

My folks lived at Neptune Beach for years. I went to high school there. My brother-in-law lives in the Fort Caroline area currently.

It's the same as any big town, poor areas and nice ones. I wouldn't want to be stuck in some areas of Jax overnight, but most cities have areas like that.

the1percent
May 1st, 2007, 03:58 PM
Amite Louisiana for 10 years, Hammond Louisiana for 1 year, McComb Mississippi for 3 years, Adolescent years in Natchitoches, Louisiana, and born in Alexandria, Louisiana.

Spudman
May 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone! Frapper dropped a lot of us. Feel free to re-add yourself. Lets get to know each other.

WackyT
May 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Born in Rhode Island. Then California, New York, and Massachusetts during my growin' up years. Then Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, Germany, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Ohio, England, and Washington state in the Air Force. Now setting roots in Colorado. Love the mountains!

ted s
May 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, I noticed there is a Mary L. on our Fretter Frapper ! Does that mean we finally have a female Fretter in our midst ??!!

(holy crap, try saying that 10 times fast)

250Keith
May 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Born and raised in the santa rosa CA area, been here in Portland OR and Vancouver WA area for 12yrs or so.

M29
June 26th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Born in Pontiac Michigan and living near Lapeer Michigan now.

M29

Spudman
June 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I come from Alabama (with a banjo on my knee), just outside of Enterprise. I got tired of insects and tornadoes and now I live in south east Idaho where the mosquitoes give you West Nile Virus. Ah, paradise!:D

SuperSwede
June 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I come from Alabama (with a banjo on my knee), just outside of Enterprise. I got tired of insects and tornadoes and now I live in south east Idaho where the mosquitoes give you West Nile Virus. Ah, paradise!:D

Hows the west nile virus treating you Spudman? I hope that you are feeling better!

Spudman
June 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hows the west nile virus treating you Spudman? I hope that you are feeling better!

Kicked it's butt in record time. Ain't no life threatening virus gonna keep me down. No sirree!

SuperSwede
June 28th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Kicked it's butt in record time. Ain't no life threatening virus gonna keep me down. No sirree!

Glad to hear it!
I´m looking forward to hear you play again, especially on you know what guitar... :)

guitartist
July 16th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Born, raised, and still live in Atlanta. Actually I grew up in a suburban area of Atlanta , Cobb County, where the Black Crowes hail from. (I never met the Robinson Bros. but I did see them play back when they were still called Mr. Crowe's Garden....I've never been prouder to be from Cobb County than when the Black Crowes backed up Jimmy Page on a tour several years back!)

tjcurtin1
July 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Cool idea, Ted - thanks for seetting it up!

The other Ted (or are there more than the 2 of us?)

tjcurtin1
July 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I should say that the photo I posted for the map is a joke from my former workplace - I don't smoke and I don't go around looking like that, but it's kinda funny .....

ted s
July 18th, 2007, 05:07 AM
No problem other Ted, your looking like you need a silk smoking jacket and some bunnies hopping around.

GREENMACHINE
September 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hey Guys
Well Im here now too! What a WICKED IDEA!

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

Childbride
November 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM
born in S.A., Tx. grew up half in S.A. and half in a little town called Seguin.

ended up in Austin for five years, then back to Waco to get my law degree at Baylor. have been here ever since.

have, very fortuitously, been all over this pretty globe, and learned a little bit from every where i've been and everyone i've met.

music is a universal, and ties us all together. :AOK:

Ascension
November 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like I'm tha only Bama dude here. I was born in New Orleans but raised in Birmingham. Bounced around for a few years and then I moved back to Birmingham. I bought a house 4 blocks from the house I grew up in in 96.
Oteal Burbridge who plays bass for some nutty Bros band :whatever: lives about 4 blocks from me.

R_of_G
November 27th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Oteal Burbridge who plays bass for some nutty Bros band :whatever: lives about 4 blocks from me.

Oteil is the man! I got to see him a few years ago with Vida Blue [his project with Phish organist Page McConnell and Funky Meters drummer Russell David Baptiste]. They put on a great show and Oteil brought plenty of funk. I have heard plenty of live ABB since Oteil has been the bass player and I love what he does with them too. The last time I saw them Allen Woody was still alive.

bigoldron
December 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM
I was born, raised and still live in a sleepy little town called Donalsonville located in Southwest Georgia. Spudman, it's only about an hour from Enterprise, AL. The only thing we're famous for is Lake Seminole, which has excellent bass fishing and it's known as "that town Atlantans go through on the way to Panama City Beach". But, my family's here and my two girls are growing in a lot better place than some of these big cities. It ain't Mayberry, but it'll do... :AOK:

Spudman
January 10th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Maybe you might like to add yourself to the fretters map?

http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=2881685 (http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=2881685)

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Seems like I have to re-add myself every time I look at it. Is that true for anyone else? Are you guys trying to bump me off the map?! :eek: :flamemad:

ted s
January 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I've had to do that a couple time as well

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah, it took my info easier this time. It is a fun thing!

Spudman
January 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
SV. Who is the guy in your frappr photo? It's some dude with a tie on. I didn't know you knew people that wear ties.:D

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Heh, heh, that is the L part of my SVL moniker.

moon
February 19th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I live in Manchester, Michigan, located in the Southwest corner of Washtenaw County, which is in Southeast Lower Michigan. Centrally located between Ann Arbor, Adrian, and Jackson Mi. The Irish Hills. The Badlands. BFE. It's got a lot of names, but to me it's (sigh) home.

street music
February 24th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Born and raised in the eastern mountains of Kentucky, a lot of great music has come from these parts, too bad I'm not known for part of it.

player
February 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Tried but no cigar: anywho South Central,Ky between Bowling Green and E town basically the middle of nowhere

merlin
February 25th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Just outside of Nashville in the Hermitage area.
I am from a town called Lebanon it is about 30 miles east of Nashville. I have lived the last 6 years in Lexington Ky, and while I enjoyed my time there I am very glad to be home. This is as far north as I can live. My next move will be to the south. I hate cold weather!

Rocket
February 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM
My next move will be to the south. I hate cold weather!
Ernie house, across the street from mine, is up for sale.

Gil Janus
February 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I was born and raised in New York City. I'm now retired up here in snow covered Vermont (we just got another foot last night). I love the winter and VT is beautiful in the summer. I love to drive the nice curvy roads in my Miata. You just have to avoid the mud season. :thwap:

Gil :cool:

moon
February 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Mud Season!!! The dreaded 5th season!!! Here in "The Mitten", mud season is accompanied by the infamous pothole. It's not a bad idea to wear a mouth guard while driving around here.

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I was born, raised and still live in a sleepy little town called Donalsonville located in Southwest Georgia. Spudman, it's only about an hour from Enterprise, AL. The only thing we're famous for is Lake Seminole, which has excellent bass fishing and it's known as "that town Atlantans go through on the way to Panama City Beach".

Isn't it also where a huge Confederate States prisoner of war camp was located in the War Between the States? Where a whole mess of Yankees died due to the poor conditions?

Mr Grumpy
March 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Ive added myself-not many UK fretters though

Bloozcat
August 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Isn't it also where a huge Confederate States prisoner of war camp was located in the War Between the States? Where a whole mess of Yankees died due to the poor conditions?

No, that would be Andersonville, further north (north of Americus, GA).

Brian Krashpad
August 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
No, that would be Andersonville, further north (north of Americus, GA).

Ah, I guess the "sonville" ending bit messed me up. Thanks.

hagarfreak33
October 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I added myself too.

Andy
October 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I tried , all the dots are there but no map, it says background not available

I'll try later

bigoldron
October 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Bloozcat is right. It is Andersonville, which about 125 miles northeast of here. I'm just about as far South and West as you can go and still be in Georgia. If you look at a map and see a lake area where Georgia, Alabama and Florida meets, then I live about 14 miles North of Lake Seminole. I'm about 65 miles from Tallahassee, which is home to my Criminoles! I'm sure you've heard of that place!!!??? :poke:

cobalt
November 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ive posted myself on their.

Ch0jin
November 12th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Doneski!

cobalt
November 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I added myself. I am from Wisconsin. Home of Pabst and miller.:beer:

Robert
January 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I looked and saw I hadn't added my current hometown to the map! :thwap:

So I did now.

Anyone else missed adding themselves?

Look at how empty that map looks over East! Not many Asians want to come party with us? We must be boring.

Spudman
January 9th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Just to make it a wee easier.

just strum
January 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm on there and I don't even remember posting it. We need a map of the universe, so Tot can post his location.:)

Robert
January 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
But Tot's galaxy isn't accessible to any computer map. :poke:

peachhead
January 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Hmm, had forotten to do this, but now it's done.

stooch
April 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I'm in now! Fretters map is a cool idea.

ragnarpk
April 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
i'm thurr. and all alone in my little country of residence... :D

Monkus
April 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'm there...

tot_Ou_tard
April 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM
But Tot's galaxy isn't accessible to any computer map. :poke:Yeah, the map is a little too provincial. I clicked expand view, but it never leaves the Earth, much less the Milky Way.

Jipes
April 29th, 2009, 04:04 AM

Done Sir :D

Trailer Park Casanova
September 10th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Image unavailable.

Wife is Swiss.

I grew up in Hollywood Calif.
Used to be a nice place before the invention of the entitlement mentality.

VoodoChild
September 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM
PHOENIX, AZ :beer:

hubberjub
September 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Upstate NY.

Suhnton
September 23rd, 2009, 03:31 AM
Originally from NZ, but currently living in Japan (and for the foreseeable future).

lespaulgb
February 11th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Born and grew up in North London, currently living in Leighton Buzzard which is about 50 miles north of London and like a whole different country for me :crazyguy :D

Brian Krashpad
February 11th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Born and grew up in North London, currently living in Leighton Buzzard which is about 50 miles north of London and like a whole different country for me :crazyguy :D

Bit more rural izzit?

Btw, I'm keen to know how a place comes to be called Leighton Buzzard. Well the last bit anyhow.

Do tell.

lespaulgb
February 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Bit more rural izzit?

Btw, I'm keen to know how a place comes to be called Leighton Buzzard. Well the last bit anyhow.

Do tell.

This will probably help.....

http://www.leighton-linslade.com/name/index.html

It's also on the Grand Union Canal which used to be the main trade route from London to Birmingham.

An yeah it's the middle of freakin' nowhere compared to London which is totally overpopulated. I actually love living in LB, it's taken me most of the year we've been here to get use to the space.....:happy :cool:

guitarhack
February 11th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Native to West Virginia, but have lived in Kentucky since '58. Now in Lebanon, a couple miles from the geographic center of the state and not far from the Makers Mark distillery.

lespaulgb
February 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Makers Mark is a fine bourbon :D One of my U.S. friends put me on to it.

guitarhack
February 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Makers Mark is a fine bourbon :D One of my U.S. friends put me on to it.

It is indeed. I enjoy it occasionally myself.

FrankenFretter
February 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Makers Mark is a fine bourbon.

My favorite. Knob Creek runs a close second.

I'm originally from NW Washington State, now residing in Oregon, near Salem. Pros: Good beer/breweries abound here. Cons: It's Salem. Anyone who's lived here knows what I mean.

poodlesrule
February 12th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Late entry... added my dot to the maptoday.

Born in France, near Geneva, Switzerland
(heh, that's near Montreux - thank you Thoi, wherever you are)

Now west of Boston.

BigBadWolf1171
February 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Born in maryland.. ive made stops in PA, MI and now in NY

Neodymium
February 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Born in the UK, near Leeds.

Tarin
May 21st, 2010, 11:32 PM
According to Krusty The Clown... I'm from the happiest place on earth: Tijuana, Mexico.

(Happiest... not safest)

syo
May 22nd, 2010, 02:47 AM
According to Krusty The Clown... I'm from the happiest place on earth: Tijuana, Mexico.

(Happiest... not safest)

Hey Tarin. Just saw your photo. You wouldn't happen to be related to El Vez now would you? :D

Dovecam.W
August 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM
From Murray, UT.

Been living there for 30 years born and bread!!!