PDA

View Full Version : Where it all began....(Robert video content)

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cruising through YouTube today, and saw one of the videos that drew me to Dolphinstreet, and eventually to theFret. What's yours?

TIb0nUuQ03c&feature=channel

t_ross33
December 15th, 2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Play-Cold-Shot-by-Stevie-Ray-Vaughan-on-Guitar-68738515

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2010, 11:26 PM
CY42F_5mgBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY42F_5mgBE

Probably one like this. It was via my research for the VoxAD50VT I was looking at. But Robert directed me here via dolphinstreet. Way back in Aught 6.

duhvoodooman
December 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Who is the guy with all the hair playing Robert's guitar? He sounds Swedish, too.

Commodore 64
December 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I was googling for info and pics of Michael Kelly guitars, and I found a post here by Auriemma. It seemed like nice group of folks (boy was I wrong), so I signed up.

Tone2TheBone
December 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah I first met Rob through his other site. Was looking at the Vox amps myself and his videos were great. Ahh the good old days.

R_of_G
December 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I first found my way here looking through articles and forum posts about Marc Ribot's gear. I was happy to find a guitar forum where people actually knew who Ribot was so I joined that day. The fact that the place is run by a guy who loves a lot of the same jazz I do made it that much better.

mapka
December 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Was looking for information on Hagstrom guitars and found vids of Robert on YouTube which led me to here

Robert
December 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hey, thanks guys, you rock!

Remember, we have Tremoloman to thank for all of this. He approached me and mentioned he wished there was a great guitar forum for everyone. I listened, and decided to go ahead with his idea.

Katastrophe
December 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I wish the T-man would post more often. He's a great guy, with cool gear.

There's quite a few that have gone by the wayside that I wish would post more often... Enjoyed their posts.