PDA

View Full Version : NAD Fender Vibro Champ XD

ZMAN
December 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM
About a month ago I purchased a Fender Super Champ XD. Duffy had given me a heads up and I was looking for an amp to leave at my daughters place in Maine so I wouldn't have to cart it back and forth.
I had a Vox Pathfinder 15 R there but I didn't really like the tone.
I was totally blown away by the SCXD. So much that I really didn't want to leave it.
I happened to check the local Kijijji and there was the Super Champ XD's little brother The Vibro Champ XD for sale locally. Here in Canada they retail for 239 or more.
I went to pick it up and it is mint condition and the guy had the original box. He has owned for 2 months and he needed cash quick to repair his clothes washer.
I managed to get it for 110 bucks and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
This is a 5 watt, single channel compared to the 2 channel 15 watt Super.
But it has all the same models and effects. Also it is a Class A. One 12ax7 and one 6 V 6 compared to the two on the Super.
Eight inch speaker compared to 10 inch and it can be run into a 4 ohm cab.
Absolutley excellent tone and just a tad smaller in size.
I am stoked. I can leave the Vibro Champ Maine and I will bring the Vox back and sell it.
I was a little worried that the 5 watts would be too small but it is a big 5 watts.
If you are not familiar with this series I would get familiar in a hurry. They are excellent amps and worth every nickel.

Robert
December 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I still haven't tried one of these, but I will try and find one for testing soon.

Here is a link to where you can buy a Vibro Champ XD (http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2274513-10381297?url=http%3A%2F%2Fguitars.musiciansfriend. com%2Fproduct%2FFender-Vibro-Champ-XD-Guitar-Combo-Amp%3Fsku%3D483069&cjsku=483069) (thefret.net receives a small commission if you click this link and buy. :) )

Katastrophe
December 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Congrats, Zman! :happy

ZMAN
December 16th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I still haven't tried one of these, but I will try and find one for testing soon.

Here is a link to where you can buy a Vibro Champ XD (http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2274513-10381297?url=http%3A%2F%2Fguitars.musiciansfriend. com%2Fproduct%2FFender-Vibro-Champ-XD-Guitar-Combo-Amp%3Fsku%3D483069&cjsku=483069) (thefret.net receives a small commission if you click this link and buy. :) )
Yes I know you can get them for 199 at MF but not around here. I got a quote on the SCXD before I found one used and it was 349 at my local ma and pa and they go for 299 at MF.
I figure I got mine less than half price but it came with all the tags, the box and even the information cardboard piece that fits under the handle on the top. I am now looking at my guitar room and I see a lot of big amps that are not getting played. Not to mention a whole pedal board. So far I have owned the SCXD for over a month and none of the "honeymoon bliss" has worn off yet,

Duffy
December 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM
That Vibro Champ sounds like just the right thing to leave in Maine.

Congrats on the great deal you got. How do you get these great deals? Around here people want almost MF prices for used gear or more than MF prices on Craigslist.

Good going.

ZMAN
December 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM
That Vibro Champ sounds like just the right thing to leave in Maine.

Congrats on the great deal you got. How do you get these great deals? Around here people want almost MF prices for used gear or more than MF prices on Craigslist.

Good going.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people right now in our area that need cash.
I am one of the lucky ones that was able to invest, and have a very comfortable lifestyle. I watch the buy sell and I never give them what they are asking. I find that most put a number in the ad that is negotiable. I usually just say" look I don't want to haggle, what is your rock bottom price", and they usually sell for less.
There are still adds that people want way too much for their gear and it does not sell. If they are really in need of cash you see the item come down, and down every day.
If I know an item is a steal, I will act immediatley, or they are usually gone.
This one was listed for 2 hours before I replied. The ad usually takes an hour to process and appear on the screen.