PDA

View Full Version : What's your quirk?

Katastrophe
December 17th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I have a quirk. On Thursday nights, I try to stay up all night so I can be ready for work on Friday night.

I am starting to enjoy housecleaning on those nights. The house is quiet, and I can put on a movie and get some stuff done.

What's your quirk? We've seen quirky videos, and more than a few quirky guitars, how about YOU?

Eric
December 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I love eating the wrappers on muffins and cupcakes.

marnold
December 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I enjoy visiting websites run by Swedish expatriates in Canada.

Tig
December 17th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I have a quirk. On Thursday nights, I try to stay up all night so I can be ready for work on Friday night.

I go to work Friday nights after having the 4 nights off, but I do the opposite of you. I get as much sleep each night, including Thursday, so my batteries are charged and recovered. I go into work straight, no chaser! (usually a 30 minute nap to rest the eyes before going in to work the first night)

Quirks? I think my whole life is a quirk sometimes! :rolleyes:

To stay awake at work, I'll down a Monster at the beginning of the night, and one around 4 or 5 AM if I need it.

Tig
December 17th, 2010, 09:19 AM
:applause :rollover
(you left out the veins!)

Katastrophe
December 17th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I love eating the wrappers on muffins and cupcakes.

I hear that's a good way to incorporate more roughage in your diet.

Come on, man, 'fess up! Anyone who takes a picture simulating picking the nose of a president on Mount Rushmore is bound to have more than one quirk!:poke

I have to go to work tonight after having the last 4 nights off, but I do the opposite of you. I get as much sleep each night, including Thursday, so my betteries are charged and recovered. I go into work straight, no chaser! (usually a 30 minute nap to rest the eyes before going in to work the first night)

I've tried going that route, and it kills me the first night. Staying up all night on Thursday, sleeping on Friday gives me enough sleep that I feel human. 4 or 5 hours is all I need to feel decent and make it through.

Algonquin
December 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Oh man... this should be a good thread. :dance
We had something similar about a year ago, and boy oh boy were there some wicked responses!

Let the show begin! :munch:

Jx2
December 17th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I use to work nights, I never had a plan on how to prepare after 2-3-4 days off in a row. My secert was going in with one of those beer drinking hats loaded with 2 monsters, and several back ups in the fridge. Ok, not really. But I did just down alot of energy drinks. Before energy drinks where around, when I started to get tired Id go or get someone to get me $5 worth of cappacino out of the coffee machine. Id let them cool down to a chuggable temperature. And then slam one right after the other as quick as possible. It would always do the drink.

As far as quirks go, probably the amount of cheese I eat. I eat cheese with almost everything probably the most odd would be regular kraft singles with onion rings. I'll also eat a small block of extra sharp cheddar like the average person would eat a snicker's bar. I guess you can say Im a little cheesey.

Tig
December 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I've tried going that route, and it kills me the first night. Staying up all night on Thursday, sleeping on Friday gives me enough sleep that I feel human. 4 or 5 hours is all I need to feel decent and make it through.

I'm a mutant at nights, which is a bit quirky come to think of it!
At work, I'm surrounded by people who can't stay awake no matter how much sleep they get in the day. I get to take up the slack.

I sleep well the time between nights.

marnold
December 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Come on, man, 'fess up! Anyone who takes a picture simulating picking the nose of a president on Mount Rushmore is bound to have more than one quirk!:poke
You mean being a conservative Lutheran pastor who likes heavy metal and brews his own beer isn't quirky enough for you?

Katastrophe
December 17th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Yep, there's plenty of quirkiness to be found there!

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I am probably too quirky to be aware of my quirks.

Katastrophe
December 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
As far as quirks go, probably the amount of cheese I eat. I eat cheese with almost everything probably the most odd would be regular kraft singles with onion rings. I'll also eat a small block of extra sharp cheddar like the average person would eat a snicker's bar. I guess you can say Im a little cheesey.

LOL! You're not as quirky as you might think. Down here, we serve cheese on just about everything...

Cheese is good, and necessary for a happy life in my opinion! Does that mean I have another quirk?

Tone2TheBone
December 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
You mean being a conservative Lutheran pastor who likes heavy metal and brews his own beer isn't quirky enough for you?

This is CLASSIC!

You don't want to know about my quirks and if I remember the last time this topic came up....I said the same thing I think.

bigoldron
December 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM
As far as I know, I have no quirks. In fact, Mac Davis wrote this song about me:

-07_2DWfEmQ

Gosh, sometimes it's just tough being me.... :rollover :happy :thumbsup :bravo:

Katastrophe
December 18th, 2010, 04:46 PM
How very modest of you, Ron...:rollover

poodlesrule
December 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Cheese was mentioned before.

I like blue cheese and blueberry jam together, with a piece of bread.
Mentioned it to a cheesemonger once, and I got a weird look.

I just find the combination (salt/sugar?) very satisfying.