PDA

View Full Version : Jet City 20 watt DEMO!

Robert
December 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I got this from bcdon, and he got my Marshall Class 5.... :)

Here's me, my Hag and my JC20 -

BVGo6uRSYcc

Radioboy950
December 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yep...you got yourself a nice little rock machine there!
Full of classic crunch.
And it seems extremely tweakable with that very responsive tone stack .
The wide-ranging EQ surprised me.

Robert
December 17th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Yep...you got yourself a nice little rock machine there!
Full of classic crunch.
And it seems extremely tweakable with that very responsive tone stack .
The wide-ranging EQ surprised me.

Yeah mon, the EQ surprised me too. It's very wide ranging. Most smaller amps I've tried have a tone stack that doesn't change the tone all that much. This one is different in that regard.

marnold
December 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hmm, yours sounds better than mine. Probably something to do with the hack that plays mine. :) I know I like mine an awful lot.

I know this is going to sound weird coming from me, but I'd like to hear you use your Suhr with it, both for bluesy stuff and cleans. I'm guessing that single coils could coax a bit more clean out of it than you can get with 'buckers.

Now I want to turn mine on, but the kids are in bed.

Robert
December 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I can actually get a really nice chrunchy Plexi style single coil tone out of it with my Suhr. I does take a bit of time to tweak the eq right, since turning the eq knobs just a little makes a big change in tone. I'll see what I can do about a video with the Suhr.

Katastrophe
December 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Meaty! I dig it.

Loads of classic crunch there.

bcdon
December 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Nice! Robert, that JetCity never sounded that nice at my house.. ;-) Glad you are digging it.. I really like the Class 5.. man, does it get loud for 5 watts! :dude

Tig
December 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hmm, yours sounds better than mine. Probably something to do with the hack that plays mine. :) I know I like mine an awful lot.

I should save my money since mine would never sound as good at Robert's.