PDA

View Full Version : learn guitar with online guitar tab player - TabnPlay

tabandplay
December 18th, 2010, 01:14 PM
hey guys , we hope its fine that we are posting this here , we have developed an online virtual guitar that can play any tab you like , you can also use our web application to edit and even to record and save your favorite Tablature
we are currently in Beta ( so its free ,no ads either)
and we would seriously like your honest feedback , being said this is a Beginner section ,we would also like to hear from you - what you find useful ? and suggestions for other features/changes that if added will fit your needs
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2029/capturescreentabnplay.jpg

link : http://www.tabnplay.com

enjoy :dance

Rotor
December 19th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Nice! :applause
Took me a minute to figure out how to slow it down.
I might suggest color coding the dots for each finger.

Tig
December 19th, 2010, 07:07 AM
You're supposed to at least buy us all dinner before spamming us.
:rolleyes:
I feel so dirty now...

deeaa
December 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Heh, that's a pretty funky app.

It could really make it very easy to learn a hard song.

What it comes down to is how easy it will be to access tabs, or add them...if it hads a tab for most any song out there it'll work fine. I have sometimes tried to check out solos for instance from tabs and hearing/seeing the rhythm would make it very much easier to grasp what's happening on a tab. So far, I've felt it's easier to just listen and copy by ear than looking at tabs when it comes to lead parts. BUT it is IMPERATIVE that the tab selection is indeed huge for this to work full well.

It could have a separate beginner mode for instance with stuff like the suggested color codes for fingers (don't see them necessary for 'full mode' but in beginner mode with a choice of easy songs for learning that could be excellent) and it could also have (maybe the same beginner mode or a separate 'song builder' mode) that'd have a chord finder or a library of chords you could drag and drop to the tab to quickly create a chording backing to play over.

Monkus
December 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM
thats pretty interesting

Tig
December 22nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Mrs. Tig bought me Guitar Pro 6 for Christmas, and I love it!
I had a cracked Guitar Pro 5 before, just to see if I liked it, but 6 is a home run.

Robert
December 22nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Tig, Christmas Day (or Christmas Day) hasn't happened yet, unless I had too much eggnog already?

So what the heck are you doing opening presents early? &$%#:spank

Tig
December 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hey Tig, Christmas Day (or Christmas Day) hasn't happened yet, unless I had too much eggnog already?

So what the heck are you doing opening presents early? &$%#:spank

She twisted my arm. I fought back, but she forced me to download it, I swear! :punch:

Version 5 wouldn't play your .gpx files, so this is really your fault, Robert. (thanks!)

Robert
December 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Sure, blame it me, will ya!

Seriously, GP6 is a big improvement over version 5. But it's a pain to download and install - takes a long time. Better to buy on disc.

syo
December 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Sure, blame it me, will ya!

Seriously, GP6 is a big improvement over version 5. But it's a pain to download and install - takes a long time. Better to buy on disc.

Just bought GP6 a couple of days ago and love it. It's great for writing scores and then exporting the midi to Reason or Pro Tools. Just wrote some drums and replaced the GP6 drums with an EZ Drummer kit. Ausgezeichnet! Although the GP6 soundbanks are surprisingly good too, though limited.

Say Robert, what sort of internet connection do you have over there in Alberta? Download of the whole program took about 6 minutes which is considerably faster than waiting for the postman. Still have that dial-up Compuserve account? :D

psylocke24
March 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
That was interesting I was actually looking for this one for my guitar music lessons. I wanted to learn as easy like this. Thanks for the post.