PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Open Mic Logo

kidsmoke
December 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
As I've mentioned in other threads, I host a monthly open mic for "emerging artists" here in Chicago.

In other words, it's for people who haven't had the courage or opportunity to get up in front of people before. So the audience is aware and responds appropriately, being very forgiving of do overs, sour notes, etc. The point is to break the ice in a very forgiving, encouraging environment. Also, there is a featured performer in the middle of the evening. This is somebody who is a pro, probably has a couple of discs and certainly lots of public performance under there belt. Serves as a draw, and nice break. They play for up to 40 minutes in the middle of the event. IT can be solo acoustic, solo electric, or a band. We've had 7 piece rock bands as well as dudes doing spoken word. All in all very fun, and it's getting a pretty good reputation.

So I decided to get a little more official, and I asked an artist friend of mine to come up with a logo, so we could put out posters and business cards at all the places that those things should go.

I call the event "FretKnot Fridays", as in, don't worry about it, just do it. And of course the guitar pun. Anyway, here's what he came up with. What do you guys think?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/tiokimo/FretKnot/FRETKNOTLOGO.jpg

MAXIFUNK
December 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM
That is cool is there anyway to make the purple/blue part form the letter K
as you did with the F for fret and K for knot.

kidsmoke
December 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks Maxifunk. He probably could work that in someway. I already thought he'd taken it all pretty literally, trying to work the title words into the logo.

We've "gone to press" at this point. I'm pretty stoked about it.