PDA

View Full Version : Jet City JCA20H with Suhr - Clean Tone

Robert
December 19th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cleanish at least... quite nice tone with the gain backed down to around 2. The overall volume is reduced of course, but with the volume turned up, it's enough for home playing. It's still not the amp to take to a gig where you need a loud and clean sounding amp, but for home use, sure no problemo!

ofL71rHhgXQ

Tig
December 20th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Nice! While not sparkle-Fender clean, it still has a sweet clean tone for a single channel amp designed to rawk.

marnold
December 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I thought that sounded absolutely great. Might even make me rethink my stance on single-coils :) You are correct in that if you need a very loud, very clean amph, this isn't it. That's why there's the Fender Twin.

You know how people always tell newbie guitarists to find their own sound? After umpteen years, I think I've found mine.

Jx2
December 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
When I was looking for a bigger tube amp when I was still focusing my attention on guitar. 2 things from the orginal description grabbed my attention to the Jet City amps.

1. The Price
2. Soldano designed

As a teenager in the 90's, I still love and have alot of passion towards the bands of those days. So what Id like to hear from a review is some drop tuning reviews, or at least some punky riffs. Personaly I dont think these amps are targeted at the more bluesy guitar plays but more of the grunge-punk kind of crunch and tones. To me alot of say Social Distortion or Alice Chains clean, isnt the same as the cleans a Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page(2 other Soldano users)would reach for.

Over all I liked the review and if I wasnt focusing on bass now Id still be looking towards a JC20

marnold
December 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
As a teenager in the 90's, I still love and have alot of passion towards the bands of those days. So what Id like to hear from a review is some drop tuning reviews, or at least some punky riffs. Personaly I dont think these amps are targeted at the more bluesy guitar plays but more of the grunge-punk kind of crunch and tones. To me alot of say Social Distortion or Alice Chains clean, isnt the same as the cleans a Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page(2 other Soldano users)would reach for.
Overall, I'd have to say that the two things that my JCA20H can't do is modern, supersaturated metal (without pedal assistance) and the aforementioned ultra clean. I can get some sweet blues tones and 80s metal tones out of mine. It's an amph designed for rawk, spelled precisely that way.

Katastrophe
December 20th, 2010, 12:21 PM
That's an incredible "clean" tone! It's plenty spanky, with a little grit to make it sparkle.

I love it!

I think you may have solved my quest for a new amph. The combo version of this is calling my name (and it has reverb, too!). I love Fender Blackface style cleans, but this would be great in a rawk / blues - rawk setting.

Thanks for the GAS! Now I just have to find $299. I bet this amph would sound great with a Tele, too.

BTW, I just made a pic of the combo my wallpaper... It's a solid wall of amphs now. Way cool!

Robert
December 20th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Ahh cool to hear. It's certainly incredible for what it costs. Quite remarkable such a good sound amp can be made so inexpensively. I honestly think it's not right... somewhere some workers probably deserve a higher salary. An amp like this also makes it tough for many other amp makers to compete, price-wise.

These are good times to be a guitar player. :digit