PDA

View Full Version : Mustang II

kuvash
December 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Ok,they been out a little longer now....any comments....?Any thoughts.....likes,dislikes.

kuvash

FrankenFretter
December 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
I always thought they looked too much like Pintos...

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/16700581/mump_0902_06_z+1975_ford_mustang_ii_mach_1+front_v iew.jpg

progrmr
December 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
I have the Mustang I - it's a great package really. The software alone is with the cost of the amp. The modeling is good and the flexibility of the programming options is very good.

For a SS amp in that price it's a great deal IMO. You could probably find some videos on youtube as well.

stingx
December 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM
The Mustang I will be a stocking stuffer for myself. I like the sounds it produces and the software for further tweaking is just icing on the cake. For $99 bucks it makes yet another great arsenal for recording tracks.

kuvash
December 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
I think that I'm going to buy a II...everything that I've read and seen on line has been really good. The people that I have talked with that bought them all seem pretty well pleased with them.

kuvash

NWBasser
December 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM
I tried one briefly at the local GC.

My limited observations are quite positive. I found it easy to use which is very important to me. Also, perhaps coming from playing bass, I find the typical Fender amp to sound a bit on the treble/tinny side. The 'stang II sounded very full to me and the overdrive was nice and smooth. In short, I liked it a lot and the price is incredible for what you get.:thumbsup

kuvash
December 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Well Basser,I would have to say I tend to agree with your findings...I really look for "simple to operate" as part of the overall pkg.Otherwise it turns into a "don't try this at home unless you are a trained professional"situation.....I started out a looooong time ago with a Fender champ,so"simple" kind of starts there for me.
kuvash

NWBasser
December 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Well, I'm a bass player so it better be simple.

"The new Fender Mustang II - So easy to operate even a bass player can do it!":pancake

Perfect Stranger
December 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
I have the Mustang II. Love it for what it is....and for what it is not.

Geoffrey Charles
December 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Same here. Great little practice amp.