PDA

View Full Version : Jamman Loops

Neal
December 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM
Are there any good sites that you could download loops for the Jamman?

Robert
December 21st, 2010, 09:27 AM
I don't know, but you could just import backing tracks to it, right? Tons of backing tracks out there - www.dolphinstreet.com/backing_tracks/ for example. ;)

Commodore 64
December 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
I actually put a couple of those on my Jam Man, Robert. Good stuff.

Neal
December 21st, 2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks Fellas, Merry Christmas, and Happy New year.

Spudman
December 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Neal. If you have a recording program such as Audacity of Cubase etc. You can make loop files from any audio that you have or can get into your computer. All you are doing is putting digital files into the Jam Man. Pretty simple really.

Neal
December 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
Neal. If you have a recording program such as Audacity of Cubase etc. You can make loop files from any audio that you have or can get into your computer. All you are doing is putting digital files into the Jam Man. Pretty simple really.

I don't have any of those programs, but yo can bet I'm going to look into them.

Merry Christmas

Spudman
December 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Audacity is free, yes free, as an internet download. Not a lot of bells and whistles buy probably perfect for what you want.

oldguy
December 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
I've done that quite a bit. I used Audacity to save backing tracks, then stuck the Jamman card into the computer and copy the tracks onto it. Audacity does have a nice feature that lets you set the volume level of the tracks so a track from one site won't be louder (or quieter) than from another.

FusedGrooves
December 22nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
I don't know, but you could just import backing tracks to it, right? Tons of backing tracks out there - www.dolphinstreet.com/backing_tracks/ for example. ;)

Hi Robert, I assume they are in a MP3/WAV format therefore I could use them on my Boss RC-50?

Aside from that I sorta thought the whole point of loopers was to create your own backing tracks etc? I'm not much of a keyboardist (is that even right to say ? LOL) but will add bits and pieces here and there.....granted some of the loops it came with default were a full on band with heaps of different instruments so I can see the need for a backing track like this....I guess what I'm asking is what do you have on your site? (I am a member of your excellent website, just can't view it at my Govt workplace for some reason)

Have been getting alot from your emailed lesson links lately too, thanks for putting in so much effort and producing great video's!

Merry xmas one and all :)

Robert
December 22nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yes, they are in mp3 format. I don't know what format the RC-50 requires. My older JamMan wants WAV files, in MONO only.

Glad you are liking what I do over at www.Dolphinstreet.com - thanks for the support! :thumb

Hi Robert, I assume they are in a MP3/WAV format therefore I could use them on my Boss RC-50?

Aside from that I sorta thought the whole point of loopers was to create your own backing tracks etc? I'm not much of a keyboardist (is that even right to say ? LOL) but will add bits and pieces here and there.....granted some of the loops it came with default were a full on band with heaps of different instruments so I can see the need for a backing track like this....I guess what I'm asking is what do you have on your site? (I am a member of your excellent website, just can't view it at my Govt workplace for some reason)

Have been getting alot from your emailed lesson links lately too, thanks for putting in so much effort and producing great video's!

Merry xmas one and all :)

Neal
December 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Robert, I forgot mention, that your backing tracks are great. I can't make them that well. Many Many thanks.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year