PDA

View Full Version : Injured

NWBasser
December 21st, 2010, 05:01 PM
As I write this, my ring finger is in a splint due to some nasty injury likely from my little boy landing on it while wrestling. This rots. I can't really play guitar or bass and might get some new goodies for X-mas. Oh boy, new toys that I can't play with...

I considered getting an x-ray but thought "why bother" since the prescription, ice and a splint, will be the same for whatever it is.

Fortunately, I'm not in a regularly gigging band and have no particular obligations to play.

progrmr
December 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
Well that's no good! Hope you heal up quickly - wish I was close by to borrow some of the new toys while you are down :)

bcdon
December 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
Ah man, that sucks! Maybe if you drink a little too much the playing won't hurt as much? ;-) Get well soon!!

oldguy
December 21st, 2010, 07:19 PM
Dude, ask for a slide for Christmas! :)
Seriously, hope you heal up quick, and have a good Christmas!

Katastrophe
December 21st, 2010, 09:44 PM
That sucks! I hope you get better soon.

Tig
December 22nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Not much we can say to make it any better.

Hope you heal quickly. Be sure to not re-injure it in the meantime.

marnold
December 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Not for nothin', but I still would have gotten it X-rayed. Hopefully the bones are aligned well. This from a guy who knows a thing or two about hand injuries.

Jx2
December 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Play left handed on xmas morning...:dude

Wrestling with kids can be dangerous. I dont know if its cos we are older and more brittle or what. Early last year I was wrestling with my boy took a head bunt to the kisser and he broke a one of my front teeth.

Guess us old timers might need to invest into shoulder pads and helmets to play with our kids. :thwap

sunvalleylaw
December 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hope it heals well and quickly!

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2010, 12:13 PM
'Basser forgot to mention that his "little boy" is 6' 3" and weighs 235.... :rollover

Hope you heal quickly! :rockya

Robert
December 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Heal fast buddy!

Monkus
December 22nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Mojo Sent !!!!

Play left handed on xmas morning...

X2

MAXIFUNK
December 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hope the finger heals quickly.

kiteman
December 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
Here, I'll play the guitar for you. :poke

seriously, baby that finger and get well fast.

NWBasser
December 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
Much thanks to everyone for the wishes!

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just do the x-ray.

I can sort of play in a very limited capacity without that finger by substituting the pinky in.

Maybe I'll manage to enjoy the Xmas goodies a bit.

kiteman
December 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
What I like about a guitar is that you can play it with 1 to 4 fingers. Ever played with just one finger? Good way to find notes. How about two fingers? Pentatonic galore for one. :)

I do exercises like that. I'll play with one or two fingers on some of the songs and get exercises plus interesting ideas. Breaks up the monotonous routines.

sunvalleylaw
December 22nd, 2010, 09:31 PM
You can still do power chords with a splinted ring finger, right? Watcha worried about? Just punk out for a while!