PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help

NC Zeppelin
December 24th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I am wanting to buy something that can record that has 4 or 5 to 6 min. inputs. a eq on the front, and when done recording it is saved to a memory card and is able to put in a computer or saved and can be pluged into a computer. i would really appreciate if somebody would help with as many ideas or brands as possiable to look at musicans friend.

God said let there be music. and rock appeared!:dude

deeaa
December 24th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Zoom R-16. No need to look further :-)

I have one and several of my friends has one and we all just love 'em.

8 inputs simultaneously to SD card of your choice with a proper mixer; works as a fully standalone recorder with internal mixdown FX; works with batteries and is very portable BUT also works as a control surface or PC soundcard for your DAW. Two inputs have phantom power for condenser mics and there's even two built-in condenser mics that work great!

The best thing is, when you record 8 tracks - or 16 with two passes - all the tracks appear as unbroken uniform length WAV files (24bit support too!) on the SD card, even if you do overdubs/punch-ins or whatever...

So what we do for instance I just record everything on the Zoom, take the SD card to my home and simply import the tracks directly to Cubase and I have them all perfectly aligned there in the project just like that!

It simply is an incredible machine...I cannot recommend it too much. And I'm dreaming of buying an other one as well, because you can chain them up for 16 tracks recorded at once in sync!

pedalbuilder
December 31st, 2010, 07:53 AM
+1 on the Zoom. I have the hard disk version of this (HD16CD) and it's a great unit that I understand they only improved with the R16.

I've also heard good things about the Cakewalk V-Studio 100 which covers all the bases you are looking to cover in your post.

NC Zeppelin
January 2nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Zoom R-16. No need to look further :-)

I have one and several of my friends has one and we all just love 'em.

8 inputs simultaneously to SD card of your choice with a proper mixer; works as a fully standalone recorder with internal mixdown FX; works with batteries and is very portable BUT also works as a control surface or PC soundcard for your DAW. Two inputs have phantom power for condenser mics and there's even two built-in condenser mics that work great!

The best thing is, when you record 8 tracks - or 16 with two passes - all the tracks appear as unbroken uniform length WAV files (24bit support too!) on the SD card, even if you do overdubs/punch-ins or whatever...

So what we do for instance I just record everything on the Zoom, take the SD card to my home and simply import the tracks directly to Cubase and I have them all perfectly aligned there in the project just like that!

It simply is an incredible machine...I cannot recommend it too much. And I'm dreaming of buying an other one as well, because you can chain them up for 16 tracks recorded at once in sync!

:happy thank you so much deeaa! this is perfect. you should be a musican sells men! thank you once again! :thumbsup