PDA

View Full Version : So...what'd ya get?

Spudman
December 25th, 2010, 10:31 AM
What did the elves bring you today?

I got a new Parker Fly Deluxe...and then I woke up to open the real presents. :tongue:

piebaldpython
December 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Mine are working their way to Philly from England. A lead crystal slide and a lead crystal Charlie O bullet nose bar, both from Diamond Bottleneck Slides. Also two Michael Messer instructional DVDs (slide and lap slide) from England too.

Jx2
December 25th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I got the Dean Hillsboro single I posted a few weeks back. And today "Santa" left me a Danelectro honeytone. Perfect for those meet and greet CL trades.

Robert
December 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I got a Guitar Chord wall calendar... :)

markb
December 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM
A 3 pack of Martin SP PB Lights. That'll keep my Blueridge singing for a while

street music
December 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I got the 2 DVD set of WOODSTOCK, Bon Jovi THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT Dvd, Steve Earle-Defenitive Collection CD, Paul McCartney All The Best Cd, John Lennon -Acoustic Cd, and a great display case with signed picks and drum sticks from the fantastic group STYX complete with picture and my concert Ticket.
The Special Edition of LIFE feature of John Lennon, and the recent ROLLING STONE feature with John Lennon's last interview released.
LIFE IS GOOD!

sunvalleylaw
December 25th, 2010, 06:17 PM
A new condenser mic (Audio Technica 2035) with stand
Money toward my tele
and the Springsteen Promise/Darkness on the Edge of Town CD/DVD set,

and a new cycling jersey. A fresh set of blue and yellow colors for next summer.

I feel very, very fortunate!

Spudman
December 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I got a pair of heavy duty Asolo backpacking boots. Yea! Now I can comfortably carry an extra 10 pounds of stuff into the back country. :thwap

marnold
December 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Actually, I got money--some of which I haven't even spent yet! Some of my members gave us groceries or grocery gift cards which are always appreciated when you have four kids. Some gas cards too. I had already spent the Christmas money from my parents on our Insignia Plasma T.V. that we got for a song. Didn't get anything guitar-oriented, but honestly I don't need anything else.

We (meaning my kids and I) might be getting the Move stuff for our PS3.

Eric
December 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I got some guitar-related stuff: M-Audio Fast Track Pro, which I'm having difficulty getting to work right, Shure SM57/stand/cable, and a book of guitar licks.

If I can get the interface working, I think this will be a score. There's a loose part on the SM57 (the cap moves in and out, but I feel like it's supposed to be secure), but I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.

Anyway, quite a good haul!

progrmr
December 25th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Landed a Sony bluray player with Iron Man 2, an easy hymns piano book, Stevie ray Vaughan play along book, Blue You Can Use book, Alfreds beginning jazz guitar book and DVD, jazz-blues piano book.

Basically enough music instruction book for at least a year lol!

It was a great day with family.

deeaa
December 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
We have this deal we draw tickets with names, and everyone gets the person on the ticket something max.20 euros value.

I got my father-in-law's name and got him a whole bunch of licorice he likes, and he also got mine and he got me a two-ton hydraulic jack.

It's much better this way, now I only have to think of something for the kids and my sister's kids and my sister and my dad, which is still too much but much better anyhow.

I really really hate buying xmas gifts, because it's so damned hard for anybody except children. I can never think of anything that isn't either plain stupid or useless, or something the person already has in abundance. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm a cheapskate - just that it's nigh impossible to get ideas and I don't want to buy just any crap for the sake of consumption, because that's bad for the environment.

If I were a millionaire it'd be different, but given the limitations of budget, there's just nothing I can buy anybody it seems, except kids. Easy to buy toys and gadgets and whatnot..adults, impossible.

But, I did get myself a plastic scale model of B-17 bomber, it's been very relaxing painting and building a model after a long long time again. I should make a habit of building one every xmas time, especially now my eldest son is getting into it as well it seems.

pes_laul
December 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well my mom or step dad didn't get me anything because they don't like me or something:P lol. But I went to my girlfriends house for christmas and they sure made me feel better. She got me pink floyd the wall (Which is a great album) and her mom and dad ended up getting me a ton of stuff.

For what it's worth it was really good spending christmas with people that really care about me:dude

ZMAN
December 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
We picked up a 46" Samsung Series 6 LED TV, with the blueray and an Onkyo 7.1 surround system as a gift to each other. Today will be our Christmas as my daughter is enroute from Maine. We are lucky that we have two days of Christmas to celebrate. Turkey last night and Prime rib tonight.
No guitar stuff but I get to watch all my Music DVDs in HD with Surround sound.
I am totaly amazed at how thin this TV is. Also Samsung includes a nylon cord assembly and you can hang the TV like a picture. I kid you not.

guitarhack
December 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
The Crossroads 2010 DVD set, a Kindle a bottle of wine, and a few items of clothing.

Katastrophe
December 26th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I got a sweater, a dress shirt, and a sweatshirt this year. Apparently, my family thinks I'm cold. :)

The kids made out well this year... We drew names like Dee, but only the kids in the family are included. Adults can buy for each other if they want to, but it's not mandatory.

tunghaichuan
December 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I got an MP3 player, and two pairs of slacks to wear to work from my wife. I got her a Kindle which she loves and hasn't put down since she opened it. My wife's sister and our brother-in-law gave the both of us gift cards to Barns and Noble.

I bought myself a new monitor as my Christmas present to myself. Which replaced my slowly-dying 19" CRT monitor. Duhvoodoo man recommended this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059) and I couldn't be happier, it totally kicks ***. Thanks DVM, excellent recommendation. :happy

wingsdad
December 26th, 2010, 09:51 AM
... There's a loose part on the SM57 (the cap moves in and out, but I feel like it's supposed to be secure), but I'm not sure if that's a problem or not. ...
If you mean the black plastic 'cap' on the business end of it with the Shure name, model, LoZ and cardioid pattern markings, a little up & down play when you pull on it is normal, as is spinning around void as if you're screwing a bottle cap on or off. Or else my 57's been defective for 30 years.

otaypanky
December 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM
My wife and I didn't exchange presents this year. We got a few things for my 91 year old mom, who often drives me crazy.
And she got me a little ceramic sign that reads:
"I smile because you are my son. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."

NWBasser
December 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM
CV 50s strat, j-bass model, good beer, and a Boss compressor/sustainer.

(Strat details in Squier section of forum)

We bought our son a slot-car racing track which he really enjoys.

A very merry X-mas indeed.:thumbsup

Eric
December 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
If you mean the black plastic 'cap' on the business end of it with the Shure name, model, LoZ and cardioid pattern markings, a little up & down play when you pull on it is normal, as is spinning around void as if you're screwing a bottle cap on or off. Or else my 57's been defective for 30 years.
Yup, that's it. I checked an SM57 at church for comparison purposes this morning, and I found it to be like you described. Good to know -- now I can really celebrate!

FrankenFretter
December 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I got a set of Fender Xmas lights, with Strats and Twin Reverbs as the lights, a pair of Les Paul blueprint replicas (framed, even!), and a Garmin GPS unit for my car.

The kid got her first electric guitar from me, a Daisy Rock. I also gave her a Vox Pathfinder 10. Now we can rock out together!

Kazz
December 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Nothing guitar related this year, but the wife and kids took care of me in the tool department.

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/00925911000-1?hei=600&wid=600&o

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/00925913000-3?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sh arp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/00925912000-3?hei=600&wid=600&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sh arp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

I also got the box set of Austin Powers' Blu-Ray's and Batman Begins on Blu-Ray. Assorted Screwdrivers and some new University of Kentucky lounge pants.

Tig
December 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Guitar Pro 6, some clothes, a few gift cards, including one for GC.

The greatest gift was family. This was the best Christmas I can remember.
Christmas Eve at my cousin's house with everyone in my paternal grand parent's family tree. This is the first time in a long time. 5 generations in all.

Christmas Day was nearly as perfect with all of our kids (except my son who is visiting relatives in Ireland and England) and grand kids, including the twin boys who are now 17 months. We had a blast playing!

Mrs. Tig and I were blessed financially this year with both working, but a few of the kids and other relatives haven't had the same luck. We sent money to those who live in Jersey and North Carolina, which allowed them to actually have a Christmas this year. We also provided extra presents to our grand kids, which helped their parents tremendously. All were extremely appreciative.

We finally got to give at a level we have always wanted.
That makes this the best Christmas ever!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K89CZLenL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jx2
December 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Everything sounded good till.....

Assorted Screwdrivers and some new University of Kentucky lounge pants.

.....Sure been alot cooler if that would of been University of Louisville loung pants!!! :poke

Commodore 64
December 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I got:
Slippers
Pathfinder 15
Pathfinder 15R
Jam Man Looper
Mexican Tele

I gave:
Bought my brother in law an acoustic guitar (Samick, all ash acoustic electric, cut away...I like it better than my Taylor :( )

Bought the wife a nice jewelry armoire.

Treated everyone in the office to sushi .

NWBasser
December 27th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I got:
Slippers
Pathfinder 15
Pathfinder 15R
Jam Man Looper
Mexican Tele

I gave:
Bought my brother in law an acoustic guitar (Samick, all ash acoustic electric, cut away...I like it better than my Taylor :( )

Bought the wife a nice jewelry armoire.

Treated everyone in the office to sushi .

I wish I worked in your office. Mmmm sushi.

Hey C64, how's the consulting business out your way?

FYI - I'm an enviro geologist too.

Commodore 64
December 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
We're doing well. Opening an office in Texas, someone from Portland, Oregon in fact, is moving down there to start it.

We're hiring.

NWBasser
December 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
We're doing well. Opening an office in Texas, someone from Portland, Oregon in fact, is moving down there to start it.

We're hiring.

Well, I'm working on a contract basis at the moment, but things are slow out this way. Does your company have an office in the Seattle area?

nickydiaz
December 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I got a Fushigi ball.

Zip
December 27th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to get me this cab (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dumble-4X12-Angle-Cabinet-Road-Case-/200558078786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb2316b42) for Christmas. Looking less & less likely, tho....:(

Spudman
December 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to get me this cab (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dumble-4X12-Angle-Cabinet-Road-Case-/200558078786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb2316b42) for Christmas. Looking less & less likely, tho....:(

Ha ha. Can you wait until your birthday. I'm a little spent after Christmas.

sumitomo
December 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I got a large tattooed woman!!! Now I have heat in the winter,Shade in the summer and moving pictures all year round. Sumi:D

Kazz
December 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I got a large tattooed woman!!! Now I have heat in the winter,Shade in the summer and moving pictures all year round. Sumi:D

What does Rush have to do with this :-) :dance

Spudman
December 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM
:worthless

sumitomo
December 27th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Sorry it won't let me load that many pixels!LOL! Sumi:D

Commodore 64
December 28th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Well, I'm working on a contract basis at the moment, but things are slow out this way. Does your company have an office in the Seattle area?

We haven't extended that far out west yet. We are primarily base din New England, although I work in the Ohio office.

www.sanbornhead.com

Eric
December 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM
We haven't extended that far out west yet. We are primarily base din New England, although I work in the Ohio office.

www.sanbornhead.com
Is that you in the picture?

http://www.sanbornhead.com/sites/default/files/oh_300x200.jpg

Commodore 64
December 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
yes, on the left

Guitar50
December 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
My wife gave me the new Rush documentary, plus tickets to see Johnny A on January 29 in Northampton, MA. Been waiting to see him for awhile - - can't wait!

birv2
December 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Boss RV-3
New bridge pickup for tele from a CS HR52 tele

Going to swap out the stock pickup from my Affinity tele and see if I can get closer to Phil Guy's tone (my dream tele tone).

Monkus
December 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
No guitar related stuff this year, dress shirts, the Kinect for the Xbox 360 with Kinect Adventures, which is total fun btw, an Omega watch. Truly privileged. Bought all my parents gifts for other people this year.

Trying to get myself an Egnater Tweaker or maybe Otay's DRRI by end January, if I can sneak it in the house.

Blaze
December 29th, 2010, 08:30 PM
2 Sm 57 for gigs & recording ...

kiteman
December 30th, 2010, 06:02 AM
A guitar clock with led lights and a guitar Xmas card. I got a kick out of the card and I shot a video clip of it. It's in MOV format so I can't upload it.

Jimi75
December 30th, 2010, 08:11 AM
A watch.

sumitomo
December 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM
A watch. So do you know what time it is Jimi?WJ-IPXpvRaUSumi:D:digit

Jimi75
December 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
So do you know what time it is Jimi?WJ-IPXpvRaUSumi:D:digit

Well yes, sure, plus I hear it go tic/toc all day long :thumbsup
I am very happy with it though. It's a beautiful watch an the present came from the heart! :digit

sumitomo
December 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm just teasing with ya Jimi,but I'll tell ya I sure am grateful I gotta large tattooed woman because it's going to be like 6 degrees here tonight.Happy New Year brother!!! Sumi:D

Tig
December 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I bet the Howdy Doody cast went to the bar after every filming!
:crazyguy :messedup:

Spudman
December 30th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I bet the Howdy Doody cast went to the bar before every filming!
:crazyguy :messedup:

Fixed!

kidsmoke
December 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM
guitar related gifts were a snark tuner (http://www.amazon.com/Snark-Clip-Chromatic-Guitar-Tuner/dp/B003VWJ2K8) and an interesting book on all things guitar (http://www.alibris.com/search/books/isbn/9781845733803), from technique to repair to history of the instrument. Not sure how one book can do it all justice, but I'll let you know as I dig into it. Both from my girl, who knows very little about guitars, so I totally appreciate the sentiment!

Been a very very rough year, can't say I'm not glad to see it pass. Here's to a better 2011! :beer:

Katastrophe
December 30th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Been a very very rough year, can't say I'm not glad to see it pass. Here's to a better 2011! :beer:

I hear ya, brother. Let's hope for peace, prosperity and guitars for all in 2011!