PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Disappointment

pes_laul
December 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM
So yeah I got a MXR Phase 90 from my dad for christmas-Which is awesome because I've wanted one for so long. But I went outside and it just wont turn on. I tried it with power supplies and batteries but it just wont turn on. Go figure.

Any ideas of whats wrong?

duhvoodooman
December 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Did you make sure the power supply you used was 9V, center-negative? This is the standard for effects pedals....

pes_laul
December 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Did you make sure the power supply you used was 9V, center-negative? This is the standard for effects pedals....
Yeah I made sure that was working. I also tried a battery with it but still nothing.

GF'sUnderdog
December 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I'd take the thing back and exchange it for another one.

duhvoodooman
December 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I'd take the thing back and exchange it for another one.
+1

pes_laul
December 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah true that. Unfortunately I ordered it from Amazon.com so I have to send it back and have them send me a new one. And I have a show this week so looks like no swooshie swooshie for me :(

warren0728
December 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM
should a got one of these :pancake

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq75/ww0728/gear/phazed_and_confused.jpg

duhvoodooman
December 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
should a got one of these :pancake

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq75/ww0728/gear/phazed_and_confused.jpg
AMEN, BRUDDAH!! :thumbsup :rockya :rockon:

FrankenFretter
December 27th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, and forgive me if it is, but did you have a cord plugged in to the input? If not, most effects that I've had won't turn on.

pes_laul
December 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Maybe this is a stupid question, and forgive me if it is, but did you have a cord plugged in to the input? If not, most effects that I've had won't turn on.
Yeah everything was plugged in.

So yeah today my dad got a refund and is shipping it back. But we found one at a local music store for a relatively same price and were going to get it possibly tomorrow.