PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in...

Rabies
October 30th, 2006, 02:12 AM
A 1973 Yamaha FG-75 NOT RED LABEL acoustic? I think I'm wanting to let it go finally. It's sort of sentimental to me as it was one of the first guitars I learned on. But I never play it anymore because I'm just too consumed with my electric habit. I just wanted to see what sort of interest it generates if any, and plus I figured I would offer it to some fellow fretters before it went to the auction block. So now I will entertain offers. Not even 100% sure I want to get rid of it. I just know that I never play it anymore, and I have a severe case of the electric strain of GAS. So why not get rid of something that I don't use and replace with something that I would use? Anywho...

This is a really nice old box, naturally reliced, as would be expected of a guitar of it's age. Few dings here and there. Nothing major. To my knowledge everything on it is original except for the D'Andrea Brass Abalone bridge pins that I put on it a while back(which I DO NOT RECOMMEND). Plays great...in tune ALL THE WAY up the neck. And stays in tune.

So PM me with a real offer if you're interested. We'll see if I actually do want to get rid of it or not. Must have PayPal. TRADES WELCOME!! Just be realistic.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/tjasonhayes/DSC00009.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/tjasonhayes/DSC00012.jpg

r_a_smith3530
November 3rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Rabies, before you decide to get rid of it, log in to your eBay account, do a search on this model guitar, and see what they have been fetching (you can do a search based on completed auctions). I'm sorry to say, but it is not a lot.

Because they were a lower end, ply top guitar, even with thirty years, I guess they haven't bumped a lot. Take it from me, if the guitar holds any sentimental value, keep it. What you get won't be worth what you regret! It looks like a cool guitar. If nothing else, hang it on the wall as a conversation piece.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Spudman
November 3rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
That is some pretty solid advice.
Guitars do make great wall decor and it's still around to play if you desire, not to mention it's already paid for.

Rabies
November 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, r_a_, I'd done the research long ago. I've been thinking about getting rid of this thing for a while...I know exactly what they bring, on average. I still can't believe that there hasn't been at least one person on here PM me and say, "I'll give you 20 bucks...". LOL!!

kerc
November 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
:eek: $20? :D That would be a good deal...