PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you wish for in the coming year?

Katastrophe
December 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
2010 is nearing its end. It's been a rough year for many, and still others were fortunate to have a good year.

What do you wish for in the coming year?

Gear wise, I'm still looking to get an amph this year, and my revolving door GAS has me back to traditional looking Teles.

Personally, I wish for the family to remain healthy and happy, and for our girls to continue to grow and learn.

Overall, I'd have to say that 2010 had some great moments, some rough moments, and some moments that just plain sucked. It will get better, of that I have no doubt.

Here's to a great 2011 to our Fretter family!

pedalbuilder
December 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM
What do you wish for in the coming year?

A P-90 equipped Les Paul, and more time for learning/writing/recording/playing music. The time being vastly more important than the guitar, of course.

Beerman
December 30th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Honestly, my biggest wish is for the economy to REALLY get better. Before each crash, things always seem to get a little better again and then.....BAM. I think the US is headed for a financial disaster and it's way too late to stop.

Sorry for being so negative but it is something I'm concerned about and wish would have some way of working itself out.

Other than that, I wish for more free beer! :dance

guitarhack
December 31st, 2010, 05:21 AM
I'm with you Pedal Builder on the time factor for playing. Plus, the GAS pedal is always pushed to the metal, so to speak, but will have to wait on the next purchase until the bank account recovers from the holidays. A local GAS station has a vintage Ampeg Rocket that I'd love to get, but we'll see. And on a personal note, a job for my son-in-law! Happy New Year to all!

sumitomo
December 31st, 2010, 08:27 AM
I'm still gunna pray for Peace and that the world would slow down some so we could take time to know our family and friends more and not rush here,rush there.That's why I like it here!!!Sumi:D

Tig
December 31st, 2010, 09:02 AM
I'm still gunna pray for Peace and that the world would slow down some so we could take time to know our family and friends more and not rush here,rush there.That's why I like it here!!!Sumi:D

I'm with you, Sumi.

I wish for better health. My body is aging rapidly, way ahead of it's time!

Gear... Just one really well made Telecaster.

Eric
January 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hmm...I think I'd like to figure out a rig that works consistently and decide if I'm going to go with modeling or tube or SS for live applications. I thought I had it figured out with pedals/modeling, but a conversation last night left me rethinking that. Gear-wise, while I'm sure I'll find something to lust after eventually, there are no huge "needs" at the moment.

I'd also like to get something together and actually gig a couple of times this year, but I'm not sure if that'll happen or not.