PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Rabies
October 30th, 2006, 02:30 AM
It took some time, but I finally got my Valve Junior rig goin. It's hard to save money when you gots bills!

It's great. Got the LopoLine 1x12 cab on the bottom with a Celestion Rocket-50 (which may be up for sale soon). Re-tubed it with JJ's and WOW!! I couldn't believe it. This is by far the coolest tube amp I've ever played. Everyone MUST SAVE UP AND GET ONE OF THESE!!! BELIEVE THE HYPE!! And while I was changing the tubes I did the "backward" mod. Personally, I like it better this way...and disregard the funk on my tele....been a while since I cleaned it...checkit:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/tjasonhayes/Junior.jpg

Spudman
October 30th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Cool. That is the same set up I have. I haven't re-tubed or done the reverse mod. It looks awesome though.

Cranium
October 30th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Does it sound sweet, can you taste the tone? ;)

Spudman
October 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Just got the 2x12 cabinet. I plugged in the Jr. and yes there is a noticeable difference between a 1x12 and a 2x12 cabinet. Both of mine are 8 ohm. The Peavey cabinet is much louder than the Lopoline.

The Jr. doesn't sound good unless it is almost maxed on the volume though. This might be where a tube change would come in. It still isn't loud enough to go jamming with at least not with the guys I jam with. It's loud for sure for 5 watts, but when you turn the guitar's volume down to clean things up there just isn't enough clean volume.

still a useful little amph...and cute too.

duhvoodooman
October 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM
...but when you turn the guitar's volume down to clean things up there just isn't enough clean volume.
That's what your Fender amps are for!! :D

Seriously, the guys at Eurotubes will be happy to sell you a power tube for max. headroom. It doesn't work miracles, but definitely makes a difference....

Robert
October 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I want to hear more Valve JR clips. Come on guys! Go nuts!