PDA

View Full Version : NGD: Silver Creek D-170

Perfect Stranger
December 31st, 2010, 06:37 AM
hvulVbDc3wk

My Silver Creek D-170 arrived from Musician's Friend double boxed and packed VERY well.
Not a ding in sight. Out of the box the guitar needed some setup, but that's about it. The fit
and finish are superb. No dings, dents, or bruises. No sloppy workmanship. Just great overall.
The inlay work is amazing. Even the D'Addario strings were in good condition and sounded good.

I did have to adjust the truss rod after letting the guitar reach room temperature. And
I also sanded the bottom of the bridge saddle just a tiny bit. This brought the action down to
exactly where I like it.

Now the guitar plays and sounds amazing. Overall I'm VERY pleased with this purchase! :thumbsup

lou
December 31st, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thats a nice looking guitar, never had the pleasure to try one out myself but at this point I can't really try one out just in case I like it. Just not enough space to add another one again and after I already downsized I am not sure how well my wife would take it.Congrats on a ANGD.lou

kidsmoke
December 31st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Good looking guitar!

Checked it out at MF, am I correct, this is an all solid wood Dreadnought for less than 300??? That's insane!

Congratulations!

Spudman
December 31st, 2010, 10:05 AM
Very nice! Did you have a chance to play one before you ordered yours?

duhvoodooman
December 31st, 2010, 10:13 AM
Those guitars are a really great value. About a year ago, I bought the smaller auditorium size T160 to donate to my church for use in our contemporary services. MF had a $100 MIR deal going on it, and then mistakenly put it up as the Stupid Deal of the Day for $200. So I ended up getting it for $100!

Bridgepin
February 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats on your new guitar, I have read on other forums that they are a great value, you get a lot of bang for your buck with them, one of the more common things I have seen people say is they are in need of a set up when new or just a little tweeking and that they have good results when the put a new bone saddle in them. congrats and enjoy