PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Bowl! Huskies humble the 'Huskers

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Just gotta love it!

We just ran right at 'em," Polk said. "We knew we could win if we ran the way we know how to run. They couldn't stop it. We whupped a team that didn't respect us." Chris Polk, running back who ran for 177 of 268 total rushing yards.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/12/30/1483784/locker-leads-huskies-to-19-7-win.html#ixzz19j4rYJNR

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303640264

cB1SdG5L5SI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB1SdG5L5SI

Locker came back for his senior year, when he clearly did not have to, for this sort of experience. ""This is the experience that I came back for," Locker said. "It's been some frustrating years, but to go out this way and see this program off this way, I'm going to be their biggest fan from here on out. Every Saturday I'm going to be tuning in to watch the Huskies play. I'm proud to be part of this program."

He leaves proud of the program, and admire Jake for coming back. And I am happy about the program again. I don't need those "No. 1" type days of the '90s. I just want a good solid program that can put four quarters together. Way to go Sark! And how about the Polk! Great running game. Like he said, they ran straight at 'em!

Very, very satisfying after a disappointing game with the same opponent earlier in the season. :dance :thumbsup :happy

GO HUSKIES!!

F1vyQgH6G5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1vyQgH6G5M

R_of_G
December 31st, 2010, 04:27 PM
I caught the second half of that game last night.

Good for UW! :applause

It will be interesting to see if Locker actually hurt his own draft stock by coming back this season as I've read much to that effect. He was likely to be the 2nd QB taken last year after Bradford, with many saying he'd go before, but now he's had a less than stellar season this year and he's lower on the board. I'm sure he'll still be drafted, but not nearly as high as he'd have been previously which may not be the worst thing for his career. If he goes later, he could go to a better team where he could be a backup and learn to play at the NFL level rather than go to a crappy team and be forced to start way too early.

Also, my USF Bulls defeated Clemson today in the prestigious Meineke Car Care Bowl by a final of 31-26. My expectations for this season were low with a new coach, but I expect to see a solid recruiting class and improvement next season. TCU is coming to the Big East in another year and that raises the bar for every school to get better or be a perennial also-ran.

sunvalleylaw
December 31st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Interesting point on the draft position maybe being better in the long run if Locker goes later in the draft. I hope that given the chance, he ends up having a good career. He has a good ethic and seems to have a good heart.

R_of_G
December 31st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I appreciate him for going back for his senior year. He could have easily declared for the draft in 2010 and been a multi-millionaire by now, but in addition to the afforementioned experience, he also has his degree. I'll root for a kid with those priorities, unless he goes to a team that rivals one of mine, then screw him. :poke

R_of_G
January 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to TCU for knocking off a very good Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl.

I'd love to hear from someone from the BCS or one of its many talking head supporters in the sports media now about how TCU couldn't stand up to a big team like Wisconsin from an automatic-qualifying conference like the Big 10 because the scoreboard seems to indicate something different.

All the more proof that we need a playoff system.

Why should the winner of Oregon/Auburn be "national champs" when there is another undefeated team out there? Most people would dismiss it by saying either Auburn or Oregon would beat TCU but a large percentage of those people would have said the same about Wisconsin. When it happens on the field, I'll believe it, until then, I demand they either institute playoffs or refer to the winner as the "BCS champion" not the "national champion."

marnold
January 1st, 2011, 10:08 PM
Well, Nebraska shows they'll fit right in with the Big 10. Thus far only Iowa and Illinois have won bowl games with OSU yet to play. What's the over/under on days remaining in the Rich Rod regime at Michigan? Good thing that they did all that extra practicing that they got in trouble with the NCAA for. Sure has helped!

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the BCS thing is broken. I am not sure how you make a playoff system that works, but something has to be better than this "gentlemen's club" called the BCS. It seems to me, they can take the "C" out of the middle and just callit the "BS" system. :cool: Still glad about the holiday bowl though!