PDA

View Full Version : SOLD!! '08 Xaviere XV-870 Strat Copy

duhvoodooman
December 31st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Since buying my new-to-me Squier CV '60s Strat, I just don't need this guitar any more. It's in excellent/next-to-new shape and plays & sounds great. Below are a couple of photos, and there are several more plus all the details on the guitar HERE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8302). The GFS Vintage Alnico Staggers that came in it have a great vintage Strat tone, so I saw no need to upgrade them (and you guys know me--I upgrade EVERYTHING!). The only mod I did was to install a push-pull pot for the volume control which allows you to add the bridge pickup in series to any of the other pickup combinations. Cost $170 new. Selling for $120 + whatever FedEx shipping to your location costs. Will install a fresh set of strings for free, and throw in a new gig bag for another $10. PM me if interested....

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/XV870/870_full_front.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/XV870/870_body_front.jpg

Monkus
January 1st, 2011, 12:13 AM
very nice ... ! :) sent pm

duhvoodooman
January 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
SOLD!!

Monkus
January 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
WooHoo !

Algonquin
January 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Congrats Monkus... have a blast with you newly acquired guitfiddle! :dance

sunvalleylaw
January 2nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats! That looks like a mighty fine guitar! I would be tempted to throw a Tort PG on there with that rosewood, and the honey colored headstock. Nice!

Eric
January 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Congrats! That looks like a mighty fine guitar! I would be tempted to throw a Tort PG on there with that rosewood, and the honey colored headstock. Nice!
I'm not sure what it is about them, but tortoiseshell pickguards never really appealed to me for some reason. Not sure why my opinion on this is necessary, but there it is nonetheless...

sunvalleylaw
January 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Your opinion is about as necessary as mine was in suggesting it in the first place. :thwap :thumbsup

Monkus
January 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
I was actually thinking mint green pg !! Thanks guys and DVM !

This I think is a great deal, surf green, rosewood fretboard, graphite nut, calibrated set of GFS Vintage Alnico Staggers, 12" fret radius, tone pots changed from 500K to linear 250K, audio taper 250K pot with integrated DPDT push/pull switch for the volume control, Bloozcat endorsed NOS 0.015 uf Sprague "Vitamin Q" sealed oil-in-paper caps, tone control on all three pickups, trem adjustment...

Dire Straits tone on tap...!

bigoldron
January 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I was actually thinking mint green pg !! Thanks guys and DVM !

This I think is a great deal, surf green, rosewood fretboard, graphite nut, calibrated set of GFS Vintage Alnico Staggers, 12" fret radius, tone pots changed from 500K to linear 250K, audio taper 250K pot with integrated DPDT push/pull switch for the volume control, Bloozcat endorsed NOS 0.015 uf Sprague "Vitamin Q" sealed oil-in-paper caps, tone control on all three pickups, trem adjustment...

Dire Straits tone on tap...!

I think it is a heckuva deal! I wish I'd had the funds to get it! And I agree with SVL, a tort pg would look pretty cool on there. But I'm digging the white too!

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Pickguard color & pattern is s-o-o-o-o subjective. I like tort with certain colors (esp. 3TS), but not Surf Green. The mint green sounds like it could be nice, but it's common for different shades of the same basic color to match poorly. Personally, if I had kept the guitar, I was thinking of putting a white pearloid PG on it, to dress it up a little.

After I restrung & reintonated it, I was playing some of my favorite Dire Straits tunes on it (hence Monkus' comment!) with the bridge-middle "quacky" pickup combo, and found myself thinking, "Hmmm, maybe I shoulda kept this one!!" For a mere $120, I think the Monk-meister is going to be very pleased....

bigoldron
January 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Didn't think of it, but a pearloid pickguard WOULD look very cool on that guitfiddle!

Monkus
January 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I think the Monk-meister is going to be very pleased....

I'm sure I will be....cant wait !

Monkus
January 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Got the XV-870 at the office. Will post a review soon !