PDA

View Full Version : Roland Micro cube (or other small amp)

pes_laul
January 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
So I'm looking at buying a small practice amp. http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLMICROCUBE This first came to mind but me and my dad were talking about looking at it's competition for that price.

So any fretters got any experience with this amp or any other small amps like this?

wingsdad
January 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
I've had mine a few years now after wasting money on little $120-$150 Chinese Marshalls, Peaveys and Voxes that just left me feeling they were of limited use. IMHO, you can't beat the microcube's sheer versatility for what it's meant to do, and that it works on the included AC adapter or on AA batteries so you use it anywhere anytime. And it even makes for a very reasonably effective DI unit thru a studio or live PA mixer because of that. My Local mom n' pop GAS Station is a Roland/Boss dealer and buys & sells so many microcubes he still sells them for $119 and beats GC and MF the online giants' price.

Perfect Stranger
January 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Fender Mustang I or II

Childbride
January 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
pes, i have one and i love it.

kiteman
January 2nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
I've read so much about the Micro Cube that it's a very popular amp. There's no doubt about it.

I find it interesting that it has the same chip (CMOS) as in my Boss GT-10 pedal. Quite a capable chip.

I should get one. It'll be the only SS amp I have (beside my SS bass amp) :)

sumitomo
January 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
I use mine all the time!I think I paid 65 bucks.Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
January 4th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I paid $45 for mine and I love it!

msteeln
January 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
You'll get a lot of mileage outta the original, especially miked, but the RX model with 4 improved speakers is better, plus it has a cool beat box, and Boss' stereo reverb which was the clincher for me.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/roland/micro_cube_rx/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmw-foKkCFI

player
January 5th, 2011, 12:03 AM
considering a modeling small 3 watt Vox.little but can be loud effects to please anyone,even two types of reverb.have to have my verb.$99.99 not too bad on price

ZMAN
January 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I recently purchased both the Fender Vibro Champ XD, and the Super Champ xd. I bought them second hand and the Vibro Champ at 5 watts absolutley blew me away with it's tone. 16 voices and 16 FX. One channel but the sound out of this amp is excellent through it's 8 inch speaker. I paid 125 for the Vibro. The Super Champ XD is a 15 watt and has a clean channel and a gain channel with the same 16 voices, 16 fx through a 10 inch. The vibro has 1 12ax7, and 1 6v6, and the Super has two of each. The Vibro can also run a 4 ohm cab, and the Super an 8 ohm cab. Paid 225 used for the Super..
I found that both of these amps emulate almost exactly the amps the are emulating. I have most of the "real" amps and I can safely say that.
If you can find them used they are an excellent choice with huge tone.
I can't say enough about them. I bought the Super for a travel amp and liked it so much I bought the vibro as well and the Super will stay at home.
I hardly touch any of my other maps anymore.

kiteman
January 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I hardly touch any of my other maps anymore.

You got maps ?? :poke

Algonquin
January 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The versatility and portability of the Micro Cube is excellent Pes.
And after you win over your neighbors like the guy in this video, you can head over to Progrmr's street and help take some of the heat away from him... I know he'd appreciated it!
_UeM1gVYxb8