PDA

View Full Version : Great service from Stewart MacDonald

ted s
October 30th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I ordered a couple pups and switches 2 weeks ago, they said it usually takes 10-14 days to pass through Canadian Customs. In my box today (I did get nailed for duty) One pup came missing a spring, no big deal but I email them just in case they are shipping many orders like that. I even said, "don't waste time and money mailing me a spring", I can use an old one... reply... Thanks for letting us know, no problem we will mail you a new spring.

I'll shop there again.

Plank_Spanker
November 3rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Stew Mac is the shizzle! :)

They're fast and a pleasure to work with.

BlackAngusYoung
December 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'm Canadian, too. I've ordered a couple times from Stewmac and also was very impressed. Their site is great and so is their printed catalogue, which is nice to have around. They send out great articles on guitar repair every week or so when you're on their mailing list.

I've written to them for advice and they get right back and also know what they're talking about.

I'm looking forward to the days when I can start buying their tools and really get into building. I like how they have everything but make it look accessible to beginners.

kiteman
December 25th, 2010, 05:18 AM
StewMac is one of the best online retailer and I bought quite a few from them. Some guitar tech tools, books and even a set of Steinberger tuners. :)

BlackAngusYoung
December 26th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I really love their stringwinder electric screwdriver bit. I do such a better job at string changes with it, right from the first time. It's really worth the $5 or whatever. I actually got it at the same time I finally got my first electric screwdriver... it's like my favourite thing now. I can't believe I replaced strat pickguards without it.

I also bought their trem spring installation puller thing. It's basically a hook on a stick for stretching and installing the springs. It's good, too... but I realized there's a sewing tool for buttons or something that works too if you happen to have one of those.