PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Octanis (Lefty)

grungemaster
January 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
A couple moths ago, I went to my local (Don't hate me here) Sam ash to purchase a guitar to soothe my G.A.S (guitar acquisition syndrome) of course, being a lefty in a big box store, my options were fairly limited. However one guitar in particular caught my eye; a black Douglas Octanis, sitting lonely and unplayed on their sad little lefty rack. I motioned for one of the commissioned sales robots who work at the counter to tell me how much it was, he stared at the guitar for a minute and then told me that, because it was used he'd sell it to me for $99 American. I agreed, took it home, and strung that sucker up. As soon as I really held the guitar, I knew that it was the one for me; the body was surprisingly comfortable for a V and the humbuckers were just great, especially when filtered through a smattering of pedals. the tune-o-matic bridge & tailpeice were a nice touch and really saved me a lot of time tuning if you know what I mean. as for tone, the resonance of the guitar was simply flabbergasting, as was the sustain. All in all, the guitar is amazing, and has restored my faith in small-company guitars. I would recommend one to any player, experienced or not. Remember, just because a guitar is low-cost that doesn't mean that it is cheap. :applause

progrmr
January 4th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!

grungemaster
January 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_121204d2ce90bab4e8.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1868)

actofgod
January 21st, 2011, 10:58 PM
I've always wondered about the Douglas guitars, I assumed they were a step or two below Agile but I had never played or seen one in person. Good to know!

FrankenFretter
January 22nd, 2011, 12:35 AM
I have a Douglas that is a pretty nice guitar (it's the one on the left in my avatar). Licensed Floyd, neck through, mahogany body...pretty dang nice for under 2 bills. Congrats on your purchase, and Happy New Guitar Day!