PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt PSA - Embrace Life

Algonquin
January 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
An exceptionally well made Ad campaign... worth the minute and a half to view.
p916yeFa2Xk

Katastrophe
January 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Great ad... Watched it with the sound off as the kiddo is sleeping, but very compelling.

I've seen a lot of wrecks, and my share of ejections... Any one who says that they would be safer being thrown clear of a car in a collision is a fool. Seat belts, and driving at prudent speed for weather and road conditions are essential to saving lives.

Thanks for posting.

hubberjub
January 6th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Yep, I just don't understand people who don't wear their seatbelt. It's just such a simple step.

kiteman
January 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I've wore seatbelts long before it became law. That's to keep me in the driver's seat and maintain control of my car. I found out while exploring new roads and someone removed the signs.

I had to do a hard left turn and I slid on my seat and hanging on to the steering wheel I ended up in someone's yard.

Whew!

poodlesrule
January 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
The Brits had a VERY dramatic ad series a few years ago about rear-seat passengers and seatbelt use. It illustrated how unbelted rear passengers can actually crush the front seat passengers...

I think the public was generally horrified, and the ads eventually were pulled (or redone - anybody for the U.K. to confirm?). But the message stayed, I think.

Algonquin
January 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I remember ads like that... scared the heck out of people. I liked the approach this ad took.