PDA

View Full Version : Yet again a Whobody song, Shake It

deeaa
January 7th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Might have posted a preview before...here it be finalized:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/whobody/shake-it/453453/

Jimi75
January 7th, 2011, 06:43 AM
First of all, visiting the site I wondered once again how on earth it is possible to learn your language :happy

Now to the music:
Production is awesome! The sound is dynamic and the recording is breathing. The guitar sound is süper. The singing reminds me a little bit of "The Darkness" that British band, which I totally dig by the way!
Also cool double voiced guitar solo. There's only one thing with the sound in the solo. It sounds too 60s psychedelic in my eyes. Could sound a little more modern which would fit the song in a better way.
The composition is cool, but for my taste it's a little too polished. I feel there's more "rock with corners" potential slumbering in this band. But it's still a very good song (you know I always have to complain about something :poke )

deeaa
January 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks...Yeah, I hear you on the polished thing...the only thing that irks me about these Whobody songs is they take so effin' long to get out (like ~2 years each mix), as some of the guys are so keen to really work on all kinds of details and issues whilst having breaks from it for months even, whereas I'd just rock 'em out and put out in a rapid succession. When you work on a song for as long as we tend to do, you can't help losing some of the immediacy and 'rock' feel. Can't be helped, though....but maybe some day we can muster a live recording!

Jimi75
January 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks...Yeah, I hear you on the polished thing...the only thing that irks me about these Whobody songs is they take so effin' long to get out (like ~2 years each mix), as some of the guys are so keen to really work on all kinds of details and issues whilst having breaks from it for months even, whereas I'd just rock 'em out and put out in a rapid succession. When you work on a song for as long as we tend to do, you can't help losing some of the immediacy and 'rock' feel. Can't be helped, though....but maybe some day we can muster a live recording!

I hear you bro'! I am also on the fast and fresh side, which doesn't automatically imply that you publish halfready stuff, but you keep the attitude and the magic of the moment best when not waiting too long.

2 years is very long. I have an ongoing project that's been taking 2 years so far and sometimes it's hard to keep the focus and not to badly "imrove" things endlessly.

I bet a live recording would be the perfect way to capture your band. As I said, there's a lot of potential in your music, don't throw it away.

Eric
January 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I thought you already put the finalized version of this one out. I remember giving you comments on this one a long time ago!

As Jimi said, the first thing that came to mind is that it's probably the cleanest version of this song I've heard yet. With the exception of the guitar solo, it seems very very tidy. I like the tone on the solo, BTW. Kind of fuzzy, yes, but I like that part of it.

Cool song. I think I've had this in my head on more than one occasion.

deeaa
January 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I hear you bro'! I am also on the fast and fresh side, which doesn't automatically imply that you publish halfready stuff, but you keep the attitude and the magic of the moment best when not waiting too long.

2 years is very long. I have an ongoing project that's been taking 2 years so far and sometimes it's hard to keep the focus and not to badly "imrove" things endlessly.

I bet a live recording would be the perfect way to capture your band. As I said, there's a lot of potential in your music, don't throw it away.

Indeed! It's that all of us live pretty far from each other so we really play together live once a year or so. And all have various projects they're in...mostly the guitarist and bassist are really hard to get hold of; often it can take a month before they reply to mails etc. Mostly the drummer wants to hone his parts ad nauseam, literally he sends like dozens of takes along the way and then always wants to re-do when I master it because some 'cymbal sounds really weird after the master plugins' and so on :-)

deeaa
January 7th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I thought you already put the finalized version of this one out. I remember giving you comments on this one a long time ago!

As Jimi said, the first thing that came to mind is that it's probably the cleanest version of this song I've heard yet. With the exception of the guitar solo, it seems very very tidy. I like the tone on the solo, BTW. Kind of fuzzy, yes, but I like that part of it.

Cool song. I think I've had this in my head on more than one occasion.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess I've posted an almost-ready version at some point. Two years and we have three songs posted we've decided are ready, and another two almost there...sloooow progress! Meanwhile, I have a dozen songs for the band as projects, as does the drummer, so at least for once there's no shortage of material...we'll never ever get even a fraction of the started/1st-demoed songs done at this rate :thwap

Algonquin
January 14th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Dee, I don't think I saw the post with the pre-finalized version of this tune... which is fine because that was a real treat to listen to.

This is very much along the lines of what I listen to on my local radio if I'm driving in the car (102.1 - The Edge)

Vocals are great, and flow with the vibe of the music which is well mixed, and not too cluttered. I like the panning of the different instruments so it's easy to pick out the various things that are going in.

An excellent piece of music Dee :AOK

Cheers,
David

Ch0jin
January 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM
First of all, visiting the site I wondered once again how on earth it is possible to learn your language :happy

Ich könnte die gleiche Sache über Sie sagen ;)

About the song though, I'm with everyone else in saying the production quality is top notch. The song feels (sounds?) put together well in terms of arrangement, and the playing is top notch too. Not exactly my cup of tea, but thats beside the point. Good Job.

NWBasser
January 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hoo boyo, I liked that one a whole lot!:applause :thumbsup

I'd like to be more specific, but I just liked the whole thing.