PDA

View Full Version : No ghosts want to come out and play today?

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2006, 10:26 AM
Happy Halloween! (insert Jack-O-Lantern smiley here)

sunvalleylaw
October 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM
Happy Halloween! (insert Jack-O-Lantern smiley here)

Makes me want to play some goofy 60's Munster like monster surf rock!

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2006, 10:40 AM
On your 60th anniversary Strat I think it would sound pretty good. ;) You need an amph though. heh

sunvalleylaw
October 31st, 2006, 10:43 AM
On your 60th anniversary Strat I think it would sound pretty good. ;) You need an amph though. heh

Exaaaactly. :cool: It's coming though. Patience, it takes patience, young man, to be a guitar warrior.

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2006, 10:45 AM
Does it have sweet spring reverb for those goofy 'Munster like' surf tunes?

sunvalleylaw
October 31st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Does it have sweet spring reverb for those goofy 'Munster like' surf tunes?

Pretty much decided on the Vox AD50VT so I believe the reverb will do all right. One of the main reasons I was going for the Vox was so I could "try on" different guitar personalities depending on my mood. Robert sure makes it look pretty good.

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
The 50 should be good. When does it come in?

sunvalleylaw
October 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM
The 50 should be good. When does it come in?

Well, what I meant is that I am getting close to being able to throw down. The local shop has them priced competitively as compared with on line ($369), and I should be able to pick up by December some time (maybe even before, have to sell a pair of skis for that to work). In the meantime, I am probably borrowing one of my instructor's extras just to fiddle with. A little Crate I think.

The 50's spring reverb sounds pretty good on the Jimi, SRV demo settings in the Vox demo on their site, the demo called "Ray of Jazz":

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/valvetronix/vt_audition.htm