PDA

View Full Version : First Gig Tonight...

Waylanderau
January 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Well lads and lasses, my band plays it's first gig tonight supporting another local band launching an EP. Wish me luck :dude
Oh, and in the unlikely event that there are any other Brisbane residents here we're playing at The Fort on Brunswick street in the Valley. We'd love to see you there. Keep it metal people!

Matt

Spudman
January 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Wish I could be there to cheer you on. Break a leg.

bcdon
January 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Rock on! :dude

otaypanky
January 7th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Kick some serious booty !

Brian Krashpad
January 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Break a leg mate!

:dude

bcdon
January 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Well, how did it go?

Ch0jin
January 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey I'm from Brisbane :)

Just happens that I live in Sydney now ;)

Waylanderau
January 12th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the encouragement lads. The gig went pretty well, a little disorganised though. The promoter was very young and it was his first show so it was a bit all over the place. My band played really well, despite me having the nervous shakes lol. Had a couple of fight dancers going hard which was pretty cool. Got a few more gigs coming up in the next few weeks so hopefully I can get some decent photos and post for you guys to check out.

Brian Krashpad
January 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Ah inexperienced promotion! Like you didn't have enough to deal with, eh?

I'm resigned to the fact that any time I do a benefit, it'll be that way, but fortunately otherwise the venues we do are pretty together. Was this a rented hall or something?

Glad to hear you made it out the other side, welcome to the club lad.

Waylanderau
January 14th, 2011, 05:43 AM
It was a place called The Fort, kind of an arts/youth centre. Kids can roll up and do whatever; hang out, tag the walls, whatever. quite a few people showed up eventually. Sadly, not only were we on first but we went on before people were really expecting us. Initially it was doors open at 6pm, first band goes on at 6:45 to give people time to get there and get in. In actual fact we went on at about 6:05 so we were really just playing to the other bands and their friends. Still good though, can't wait for the next one. :D

Brian Krashpad
January 14th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Ah, first band syndrome, been there too. You have just the right outlook though. Good onya mate.