PDA

View Full Version : Any doctors here BTW? post-surgery worries...

deeaa
January 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Just a thought---anybody here know anything about tonsillectomies?

As you may know, I had it a few months back. I'm however considering going to see a doctor to check it out, only I hesitate...

It's not sore at all, all healed, and I get much better air flow now, it was only good for singing (well I seem to have a little more distorted/husky voice now, I guess because the airflow is stronger). So basically everything is OK.

BUT I have this weird feeling down there I can't really put my finger on. It feels quite exactly like when you have a hair stuck in your throat, kinda makes you want to swallow all the time.

It could either be just some scar tissue that feels a little tight - but should it still after months?

One thing that it could also be is that now that the mouth 'ceiling', I mean, the airway to the nose is WAY more open (I discovered that I can now push my finger UP into some nasal? cavity I don't know what it is in the back of the throat on the left side, you know, behind the dangling part there), there's so much air coming in from the nose and so much closer to mouth front, that the airflow simply keeps the back of the tongue/those areas unnaturally dry.

Anyway...if someone knows anything about such stuff..lemme know!

Spudman
January 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Scar tissue. It's going to be a while before that feels normal. Unless it is a hair, in which case "atta boy"!:thumbsup

Tig
January 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
A follow up exam to cover your concern would be a good idea. It would be quick and easy. I'd make an appointment.

deeaa
January 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah...I guess I'll give it a month or so more, and if it stays the same, I'll see a doctor. Clearly nothing is getting worse at least, if not better either...I do tend to heal quite slowly it seems. Back in my youth I pierced my own ear once for a ring, and despite I kept it meticulously clean, it was still sore&not healed completely a year from making and the neck glands below it swollen some.

Thanks!

stingx
January 11th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. I discovered I can pass objects from once side of my nostril to the other. Learn to live with it, I say. Hell you might even come up with ideas to exploit your new found ability to make some extra coin.

deeaa
January 11th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Whoa! That's something I'm torn between would I like to see or not :-)