PDA

View Full Version : How a guitarist should wear a belt...

deeaa
January 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Occurred to me to share something I've done for almost a decade now...

Since 'belt rash' is by far the most common problem with guitars in use, why not do what I do to end it.

What I do is I put the belt thru the _second_ trouser belt loop on the left. That leaves the belt buckle not in the center, but to the side.

This has several benefits:

1. You will never scrape a guitar back with the buckle on the side
2. Since you have the sturdy buckle loop right over your front pocket, it's a perfect and super secure holder for a key chain
3. When you open the belt in the toilet etc. there is extra lenght hanging thru the loop on the right, so if you do like I do, carry your cell phone hanging from the belt on the right, it won't weigh down the belt so it slips from the loop and you drop the phone on toilet floor (lost two phones in bars that way before...)

Try it! It may seem weird at first, but in the end, I haven't had my belt on the traditional way even once in half a decade already!

otaypanky
January 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Having worked as a mechanic in my younger days, that was a habit I formed back then. Don't do it so much now though, but do on occasion, trying to avoid the dreaded buckle rash on my nice guitars.
Hey? Where's my cell phone?