PDA

View Full Version : A hot 15 yr old...guitarist

Spudman
November 1st, 2006, 12:01 AM
This guy is great. Makes me wish I could go back to living at my parents house again and just play guitar all day.

Check out Matt's videos. He can play a lot. One of the best young player on Youtube in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQPcswDEsBY&mode=related&search=

duhvoodooman
November 1st, 2006, 05:39 AM
Geez, anybody that can lay down the sweet country licks like that, I vote that those of us with more money than talent (and we all know who we are!! ;) ) should take up a collection and buy that boy a '52 Telecaster! Just don't seem fittin' for those chicken pickin' sounds to be coming out of an Ibanez shred-o-matic! :D

Wow, to be young & talented....

tot_Ou_tard
November 1st, 2006, 06:15 AM
Geez, anybody that can lay down the sweet country licks like that, I vote that those of us with more money than talent (and we all know who we are!! ;) ) should take up a collection and buy that boy a '52 Telecaster! Just don't seem fittin' for those chicken pickin' sounds to be coming out of an Ibanez shred-o-matic! :D

Wow, to be young & talented....

I think it adds to the effect to be a chicken' pickin' on that JEM.

Great stuff!

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
A JEM is more expensive than a '52 reissue isn't it? I guess we could pitch in and buy him one. :) Great video I love seeing kids rip it up.

duhvoodooman
November 1st, 2006, 09:52 AM
A JEM is more expensive than a '52 reissue isn't it?
Good point, Tone. Not being that familiar with the Ibanez line, I didn't realize that the kid's playing a $2,000+ guitar! Geez, maybe he should buy me a '52 RI!! :D

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2006, 09:58 AM
Good point, Tone. Not being that familiar with the Ibanez line, I didn't realize that the kid's playing a $2,000+ guitar! Geez, maybe he should buy me a '52 RI!! :D

I know. I freaked one day I walked into Guitar Center and saw a used JEM for over $1000. I walked over to the Ibanez section and gasped at the price of them new. :eek:

r_a_smith3530
November 1st, 2006, 10:32 AM
A friend of mine does stuff like that, only it's on an ancient Gibson banjo! He played with the Unity Bluegrass Band. If you can find it (on vinyl only), their 1977 release "Gettin' Around Tuit" is a fantastic session. Wow, I just thought, I still have one of those "round tuit(s)."

It is kind of wild to see someone doing thatstyle on a Jem though. Kinda like seeing Bela Fleck for the first time!

SuperSwede
November 1st, 2006, 12:20 PM
*ahem* it doesnt sound like a 2000usd instrument... but the boy can play, no doubt about it.

Tinky-Winky
November 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Well, I must say that boy has talent. Perfectly played, and he was getting a reasonable country tone out of that Ibanez. I then watched his rendition of "For the love of God" and it was SPOT ON. OK, so there was less insane shredding, but the tone, tremolo use etc. was really good. I urge to watch it if you haven't.

Jimi75
November 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM
The thing that wonders me the most is that a boy that age really sat down and learned those country licks! Most guys his age listen to completely other music. I think I saw that the piece was from John 5, who is/was Marylin Manson's guitar player, so there comes the connection from, buit anyway it is better than playing some downtuned new metal and hating solos like almost all kids that age.

The playing is very good.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2006, 01:17 PM
I think we'll have to keep an eye on that guy. Should he decide to eschew making money and a decent living he might become a professional musician and bring happiness and joy to many.
I'm not sure if he has any original music but to be at that level how could he not be creative?

Moshe
November 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure if he has any original music but to be at that level how could he not be creative?

He just posted one.:R

Spudman
November 2nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
He just posted one.:R
Here it is. He's very popular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-434AJ_k0E

Robert
November 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM
Cool kid! He'll go far, no doubt. He's got guts and the right attitude - that will take him far.

tot_Ou_tard
November 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
A friend of mine does stuff like that, only it's on an ancient Gibson banjo! He played with the Unity Bluegrass Band. If you can find it (on vinyl only), their 1977 release "Gettin' Around Tuit" is a fantastic session. Wow, I just thought, I still have one of those "round tuit(s)."

It is kind of wild to see someone doing thatstyle on a Jem though. Kinda like seeing Bela Fleck for the first time!
Oh yeah Bela Fleck!...Futureman....mmm good stuff!

Iago
November 2nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Great playing! I think its the first time I see a kid playing without heavy metal distortion :D

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
I think we'll have to keep an eye on that guy. Should he decide to eschew making money and a decent living he might become a professional musician and bring happiness and joy to many.

I last night and just now watched a couple of his different vids, and every one was incredible. Very versatile. I am going to keep watching. He's going to go somewhere.

Spudman
November 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
He's going to go somewhere.
Let's hope it isn't law school...or jail.:D