PDA

View Full Version : Winter...

Perfect Stranger
January 12th, 2011, 07:09 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2i6m2pg.jpg

:thumbsup

markb
January 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Winter? I even live in a place called Summer :)

sunvalleylaw
January 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
All these folks griping about winter on all these forums. Me, I love it!! I mean I like Sun Valley in the summer, but I moved here for the winter activities. Maybe a need me a

Y_qNBysg8Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_qNBysg8Rc

Tig
January 13th, 2011, 08:24 AM
We actually had temp's below freezing the last two nights... Widespread Panic!!!
:crazyguy

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Widespread Panic. LOL, Tig, a couple years ago at the "48 Straight" ski and snowboard and music festival here, The Wailers performed an outdoor concert in the streets of Ketchum at 5 degrees F. Their poor guitarist, holding a red SG, played bravely, but you could tell his fingers were cold, as was the rest of him. YIKES!

The next year, they moved the big venue under a large pavilion style tent to be sure about temps, which of course, were not a problem that year. :dance

Algonquin
January 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Don't think me of too much of a nut job, but I like winter more than spring. I like what spring represents with the rebirth of nature, and the promise of longer warmer days, but it's too cold to swim, the ground is usually mucky, and the bugs can just be rediculous.

I think fall may be my favourite time of year.

Tig
January 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I must be aging, because cold gets to me much more than it used to. I remember skiing in sub-zero temps and nearly sweating! I could ride bikes when it was in the 20's. I loved it! I would wear a T-shirt when it was in the 40's.

Now, I'm a wuss that gets cold inside a sauna (OK, maybe not that bad). Did I mention I don't like hot weather? :thwap

Ch0jin
January 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM
So you don't like the heat, or the cold is what your saying :)

I like winter much more than summer, but winter for me means a low of like 15c. Which is a bummer because it's summer here and its was 27c at 9am......

sunvalleylaw
January 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
It was snowing today. Not a ton, but enough to enjoy a nice skate ski (XC) with an inch or so over the track. Snow and falling snowflakes make me feel revived. Did I mention I like snow! Winter. Bring it!

P.S. I will cop to not enjoying the uber dry high pressure systems with single digit temps. That is not the kind of winter I like. I prefer 15 and above (up to 28) and snowing, or having just snowed.

Perfect Stranger
January 14th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Nope....a nice tropical setting is much more enjoyable. Give me nice breezes,
the sound of the ocean, and sand.

Ch0jin
January 14th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Nope....a nice tropical setting is much more enjoyable. Give me nice breezes,
the sound of the ocean, and sand.

......and large fruity rum drinks served by ladies in tiny bikini's.

Perfect Stranger
January 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
......and large fruity rum drinks served by ladies in tiny bikini's.

And Cuban pork sandwiches washed down with Mojitos at lunch, and fresh seafood for dinner. :dude