PDA

View Full Version : Glow in the dark V-pick! Wow!

Robert
January 12th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Tada!

W4CU2Z3U5U4

Spudman
January 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I just got a glow in the dark screamer myself. Way cool.

Beerman
January 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have some screamers coming but not the glow in the dark. How are you liking the Screamer? Can you see and feel a major difference or is it slight?
I read so many good reviews, it was hard for me to pass it up.......splurge purchase.

Eric
January 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hmm. I've found v-picks to be too bright and plastic-y sounding (kind of a "plink" on the attack) and not very warm, particularly with acoustic guitar and warmer electric rhythm guitar. While the difference wasn't overly pronounced in this demo, I tended to hear the same thing.

I keep picking up my v-picks and trying them again, and I keep finding that they just don't sound good to me. Strange.

Anyway, thanks for the cool demo.

marnold
January 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I have some screamers coming but not the glow in the dark. How are you liking the Screamer? Can you see and feel a major difference or is it slight?
I read so many good reviews, it was hard for me to pass it up.......splurge purchase.
I love my Screamer. The only problem is that on the rare occasion that I drop it, the clear ones are tough to find on the floor. Next time I order I think I'm going ruby red.

When I saw you at the beginning, I totally expected you to play "Welcome to the Machine."

Tig
January 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Might need these too...
m2A_cV2oMhs

Spudman
January 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I keep picking up my v-picks and trying them again, and I keep finding that they just don't sound good to me. Strange.

Just keep doing that and one day it will come to you...Grasshopper.

Keep in mind that different models have different attacks. With the medium rounded I get a lot of plink too but once I start using the proper technique it mostly goes away. With the Screamer it's never been an issue. Same with the Switchblade.

Spudman
January 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Just keep doing that and one day it will come to you...Grasshopper.

Keep in mind that different models have different attacks. With the medium rounded I get a lot of plink too but once I start using the proper technique it mostly goes away. With the Screamer it's never been an issue. Same with the Switchblade.

Might need these too...

Kind of the same idea. You just added a letter.

tjcurtin1
January 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Really nice to hear you play some acoustic, Robert!

Robert
January 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Really nice to hear you play some acoustic, Robert!

Thanks! Perhaps I should play acoustic more? Now that I have a new, good acoustic (Norman).

Ch0jin
January 12th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Glow in the dark plectrums, glow in the dark strings...whats next?

O wait, I know....It's my glow in the dark fuzz pedal!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4383919671_8738cc41d3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ch0jin/4383919671/)
Russian Fuzz (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ch0jin/4383919671/) by Ch0jiN (http://www.flickr.com/people/ch0jin/), on Flickr

Tig
January 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Kind of the same idea. You just added a letter.

:rollover
Touché!

Spudman
January 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
:rollover
Touché!

I'm so glad the pun wasn't wasted. :rollover

syo
January 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hmm. I've found v-picks to be too bright and plastic-y sounding (kind of a "plink" on the attack) and not very warm, particularly with acoustic guitar and warmer electric rhythm guitar. While the difference wasn't overly pronounced in this demo, I tended to hear the same thing.

I was of the same mind for quite a while but have come to prefer the V-Picks over any others. Especially the "Snake" (4.1mm). It's really fast and the "plink" is not so plinky. I did recently "pick" up a variety of picks at NAMM. I am getting into a very nice, polished rosewood pick. Really warm sounding. Also a couple of bone and horn picks I found play real fast, are very comfortable and easy to hold onto.

I do experiment quite a bit with picks, even making some of my own, but so far I like V-picks best.