PDA

View Full Version : Pedalboard - hopefully the last (for now...)

deeaa
January 15th, 2011, 07:00 AM
:dance

Well, here it be:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_6nk96PAbWiI/TTGXucQqerI/AAAAAAAADgw/ooKXVV35Asc/IMAG0604.jpg

~Less than a year ago I got the Octa-Switch and it saved me from torture of pedal order and true bypass worries plus problems switching 'em on and off
~1 year ago I got a pitchblack and I have no desire for a better tuner no more
~2 years ago I got me an ED-1 compressor and it does exactly what I want
~5 years ago got my Ceriatone and I think I won't ever need another rock amp.
~6 years ago I discovered EMG85's and I don't think I'll need other rock pickups
~7 years ago I started using the Jackhammer and I don't need another basic OD/drive pedal
~8 years ago got my 4x12" with '76 Celestions & some newer ones and I don't think I'd find a better rock cab no more.

These are my gear parts that I seriously doubt I'd change no more.

I really really like the way the Biyang OTD-100 sounds too, but the jury is still out on whether it is too noisy. Just got a Boss noisegate to battle it and it seems to work so far, we'll see in real use for a while. Plus it's HUGE and needs its own wall-wart.

I could change the delay - sounds great but it's a big big, plus I haven't enough pedal delay experience to say it is great - must still test some delays.

I could change the wah, as despite the Vox is quite OK I would not mind a more throaty and expressive kind of wah that would seem borderline like a whammy even, so I'm still looking for a wah I guess. But this be good enough for now.

deeaa
January 15th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Um, just to clarify the 'channels' and I have time to kill:

clean : just the delay
malcom : Compression only
angus : biyang tube OD
JCM800 : Marshall Jackhammer OD
HOT Rod : biyang and delay
DryLead : Biyang and compression
SOLO : Biyang, compression and delay

guitartango
January 15th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hi Dee

I would ditch the biyang delay pedal as its kinda sucks your tone, go for a nova repeater (far better).

deeaa
January 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Dee

I would ditch the biyang delay pedal as its kinda sucks your tone, go for a nova repeater (far better).

I haven't noticed it to change tone per se if it's on the circuit or off (they are all in true bypass loops after all), but one thing it does it sounds funky when you bend sometimes, the delay kinda transients differently and it gives it a weird sort of autotune-kind of feel or squelch for the delay when you do - especially slow - bends. It is a weird sound I'm not sure it's supposed to make.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer a normal digital delay...I must test some other ones as well. I might miss that crazy squelch in the background too...