PDA

View Full Version : NAMM Day 2

Robert
January 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Day 2 at NAMM was even more interesting for me than Day 1. The day started by meeting with RockProdigy, a new interesting Apple app, from which you can learn songs and scales, etc. Check them out on the app store.

Next, I walked around a met a person from my little home town Camrose, small world! I took lots of photos of interesting gear today, and not so much video (I did that yesterday).

Bootsy Collins was around and signing autographs. The dude is tall! Frank Gambale was jamming with someone and there was big crowd and I couldn't quite hear what they were playing.

I then met up with Anthony from Steviesnacks.com, and I enjoyed that a lot. We have talked back and forth via email many times, and I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished. It was great to finally meet and chat for a bit.

For the afternoon, I met yourreverend from theGearPage.net (very nice guy) and he walked around with me for a bit and used my camera to take some photos of myself and the cool gear I was testing. I'll post them when I get home.

I played a Six Gun guitar from Reverend Guitars, and it was wicked cool. I might just have to get one of these. I have always been a Reverend fan.

It was great to meet and talk to so many interesting people today. I enjoyed that more than checking out gear.

I had good conversations with Vinnie Smith (I have more picks to demo now), Johan Gustavsson (who builds incredible guitars), Joe Naylor, Ken Haas, and many more.

The gear I tried that really stood out today was Tyler Guitars, Two-Rock amps, Gustavsson Guitars, Reverend Six Gun, plus all the stuff I currently can't remember.

I go home today, but I will have an hour or two to explore the show before I have to head out to the airport. When I get home, I'll post videos and photos.

syo
January 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I go home today, but I will have an hour or two to explore the show before I have to head out to the airport. When I get home, I'll post videos and photos.

Safe trip back Robert. I'll stay here and enjoy the sun for another 2 days...

Spudman
January 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It sounds like you might either end up broke, or with some new gear sponsors, eh?

Kid in a candy store.:hungry