PDA

View Full Version : NAMM Day 3 - Mad Professor

Robert
January 15th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Short day, only 1.5 hours and then off to the airport. :(

I did manage to try some cool stuff though!

First of all, the Swedish Bjorn Juhl (or is he Finnish?) amp builder is known for the high end amps he builds under the name Mad Professor. I have known about his boutique stuff for a long time but this was the first time I got try his babies.

I played the Old School 21 - wow, great amp! It has an old school vibe, sort of Fenderish but with a different kind of gain. Very dynamic, and a perfect small club amp.

The BJF pedals were awesome too. I especially liked the Little Green Wonder but that red distortion pedal was fat and wicked too.

The Grosh Tele I tested with was just aaaahhhh and oooooohhh .... it was a reliced kind - looked like had been played to death and just wicked old school. It played like a dream and I didn't want to let go of it... (stupid flight home...)

I'm at San Francisco airport right now, waiting to get home to the snow and ice and super cold...

I'll for sure post lots of pictures laterz.

deeaa
January 15th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Not sure if the main dude is Swedish in origin but the company&most designers etc. are Finnish, they're about 350 km southwest from me. I came very close to buying their Little Green Wonder pedal a while back, but they're freaking expensive :-)

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2011, 10:15 AM
That OldSchool sounds nice! Glad you had a good time Robert (and Mark)!