PDA

View Full Version : FS: '04 Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard

duhvoodooman
January 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
** SOLD**

Thanks for looking....

As I indicated in another thread pertaining to my recent acquisition of a Gibson Historic '59 Reissue LP, I don't need two faded CSB Les Paul's, so am selling my 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Standard. I purchased this guitar new in Dec. 2005 and it has resided in my home ever since. No gigging, no smoke, no beer in the pickups, etc. It is truly in mint condition (I don't employ that overused term lightly!) and also comes with a similarly mint Epi Elitist LP black HSC.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the Elitist Series from Epiphone, these guitars are manufactured by master luthiers in Japan, and the quality of workmanship on them is outstanding. I have read comments to the effect that the build quality is better than the standard Gibson factory production here in the US, and nearly on a par with the Gibson Custom Shop. About the only weakness I've read about them is that the quality of the pickups could be better, but I addressed that deficiency by replacing the stock p'ups with Seymour Duncan's--a '59 at the neck position and a Custom 5 at the bridge. The guitar sounds great, with plenty of growl and bite, but still plenty articulate.

Additionally, I modified the controls extensively with installation of push-pull pots at three of the four positions. These switches allow splitting of the bridge coils, running the two humbuckers out of phase a la Peter Green, or running them in series ("megabucker mode", as I like to call it). The three switches are fully independent and can be run in any combination. I will include the original pots with the guitar.

I have researched the value of the guitar and found that, considering the condition, upgrades, and included HSC, it is easily worth $800 or more. I am offering it for $750 plus FedEx shipping cost. Send me a PM if interested....

http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/LP_new_pups.jpg http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/LP_bodyshot.jpg

Eric
January 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Well, it sure is purdy. Good luck with the sale. Surely someone somewhere is in need of an LP...

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I've posted additional photos of the guitar in this folder on my website:

Epi Elitist LP Photos (http://www.duhvoodooman.com/forsale/Epi_Elite/)

Some comments on the photos:

The camera flash really washed out the sunburst in the two shots from the front, but you can see the coloration well on the photos in the original post.
You can see the "Made in Japan" and "Epiphone Elitist" decals in the rear view photos, along with a good shot of the Grover tuners.
The flash also makes the mahogany look lighter/more orange than it really is--it's a nice, rich, deep red--but at least you can see the wood grain well.
The shot of the back of the body has a couple of flash artifacts that look like small circular marks on the wood--those are NOT real.
The front of the headstock has some flash reflection off microscopic dust particles that make it look dirty/dusty, but it's not. There is one small scratch about 1/4" long in the headstock next to the G string tuner which is real.
I also included a shot of the control cavity to show the push-pull pots and wiring. It also shows something I forgot to mention in my original post--I replaced the cheap stock ceramic tone caps with a pair of 0.047 uf Goodall NOS sealed paper-in-oil caps, a nice upgrade! Got 'em from our man Bloozcat!
A couple of shots of the nice Epi Elitist case are also included.

oldguy
January 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
How does the neck compare to your new R8?

Specifically, does it have more shoulder than the Gibby, and is the width comparable?
I ask because those are the two things that usually feel wrong to me.
The fretboards feel a little narrow, and the necks feel too fat. Not too thick, per se, but as though they need a bit of shaving in the shoulder of the curve.

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
** SOLD**

Thanks for looking....