PDA

View Full Version : Something upbeat for a dreary January day....

duhvoodooman
January 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
The weather here in upstate NY sucks out loud today, but who the &@!?%*#! cares!!! Here's one of the happiest tunes I've ever heard--always makes me smile and play the air guitar. IMO, Gary Richrath has some of the best classic LP rock tone ever heard on this tune. I was never a big REO fan overall, but I thought he was a helluva guitarist.

This version is particularly impressive to me, because it's live on the Midnight Special back in '78. What a concept--artists performing their Top 40 hit live on network TV! Gary's obviously enjoying himself on this, and those young ladies in the front row seem very appreciative. Hmmm, I wonder what Gary was doing after the show....

eGgLPriZUSA

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Looks to me that Gary likes his bursts too! I have the Midnight Special DVD collection and they're great when you're looking for those feel good moments. Great post.

Algonquin
January 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Not a huge REO fan here either, but I think your post speaks volumes about the power of music. You've got a lousy stinking day weather wise, and you've found something to offset that... thumbs up for that! :AOK

Katastrophe
January 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Classic tune, man! I've always dug this song... I always end up "air guitaring" when it comes on the radio.