PDA

View Full Version : Rush is coming!

Beerman
January 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Just heard that tickets for the June 24 Rush concert in N.O. go on sale 1/24/11. This will be about my 12th time seeing them....they just seem to come to New Orleans more than anyone else.
Supposedly, like last summer, they will be including the entire Moving Pictures album.
More dates are still being discussed. I have never been disappointed in a Rush show. Far from my favorite band, these guys know how to put on a show.

NWBasser
January 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Washington State pleeez!

Edit: July 2!!!!:rockya

Maybe a good Dad's Day present!

Spudman
January 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Cool. If you're lucky maybe you can get some of that roasted chicken after the show.

Beerman
January 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Cool. If you're lucky maybe you can get some of that roasted chicken after the show.
:happy or a clean t-shirt fresh from the dryer!

Teleman77
January 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I caught RUSH last fall @ their Omaha, NE concert........It was indeed epic.:thumbsup

NWBasser
January 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Unfortunately, Geddy's not using the chicken roasters anymore.

sunvalleylaw
January 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I have never seen them. I would enjoy seeing them sometime. Have fun!

Spudman
January 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately, Geddy's not using the chicken roasters anymore.

Maybe compost bins on this tour? Or maybe centrifuges? Maybe bread ovens, or pizza? I'm curious now...and hungry.

Beerman
January 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
Tickets go on sale Monday but I belong to the Arena club and was able to purchase advance tickets today. I'm in and now have to way 5 months.
Yeay!!!!!!

NWBasser
January 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Maybe compost bins on this tour? Or maybe centrifuges? Maybe bread ovens, or pizza? I'm curious now...and hungry.

I can't find direct info of Geddy's rig, but I posted one about Alex's current getup on the amps section.

t_ross33
January 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
I read an article recently (I'll try to find it and post a link here) discussing the concepts behind not only the album, but staging and lighting design as well.

Everything has a look and feel as if steam power and clockworks were the basis of advanced technology in use today (or in an imagined future). Think of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Captain Nemo's sub, "Nautilus", or the silent film "Metropolis". Apparently Neil has been reading (surprise) some things that follow these concepts or ideas (aka Steam Poetry ??). Drumworks designed Neil's touring kit right down to the nuts and bolts (with stylized bold heads etc.) to be consistent with the overall theme.

I'm not sure if the new album will be a "concept album" as such - with each song linked in a common storyline, but the look and feel of everything about this album and tour certainly maintains a theme. Not many bands touring right now willing to attempt anything so blatantly "artistic".

Ch0jin
January 21st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Everything has a look and feel as if steam power and clockworks were the basis of advanced technology in use today (or in an imagined future)....

Am I correct in generalising the whole look as Steampunk? I'm not in the scene, but looking at the video NWBasser posted, the H&K guy drops that word and based on other stuff I've seen I think it fits. Oh, and how about "The Time Machine" as an example to add to your great list.

Anyway, regardless of what you call it, I for one think the whole concept is cool as hell. I wont post pic's because it's too far OT, but if you're into that look, you might want to check THIS (http://www.datamancer.net/monitors/steampunklcd1.htm) out...

t_ross33
January 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Am I correct in generalising the whole look as Steampunk?

That's the term I was looking for, thanks :agree

NWBasser
January 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
I read an article recently (I'll try to find it and post a link here) discussing the concepts behind not only the album, but staging and lighting design as well.

Everything has a look and feel as if steam power and clockworks were the basis of advanced technology in use today (or in an imagined future). Think of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Captain Nemo's sub, "Nautilus", or the silent film "Metropolis". Apparently Neil has been reading (surprise) some things that follow these concepts or ideas (aka Steam Poetry ??). Drumworks designed Neil's touring kit right down to the nuts and bolts (with stylized bold heads etc.) to be consistent with the overall theme.

I'm not sure if the new album will be a "concept album" as such - with each song linked in a common storyline, but the look and feel of everything about this album and tour certainly maintains a theme. Not many bands touring right now willing to attempt anything so blatantly "artistic".

I'll just add that not many bands go on tour without a full album to support. Rush certainly does things their own way.

DeanEVO_Dude
January 22nd, 2011, 07:19 AM
It would be nice if they came back to Colorado. The booked one show at Red Rocks, that sold out very quickly, so the booked another 2 day later. Acording to interviews, Red Rocks is one of their favorite places to play. I did go see them for Snakes and Arrows, no dissapointment in these eyes... Got the tour book, and t-shirt. I love Rush, the first song I learned to play was Working Man.

DeanEVO_Dude
January 22nd, 2011, 07:22 AM
I'll just add that not many bands go on tour without a full album to support. Rush certainly does things their own way.

How true that is... been that way since 2112, way back in '76! Not many bands can tell the record company "We're recording our album." then shut the door to the studio! Submit the finished product, and it is released just the same as it was submitted.